• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    Is PPU Ammo loaded hotter than other brands? I've noticed that it's the only ammo that makes the bolt stick in both my 1917 Enfield and in my brother's Spanish Mauser

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'm not sure how it stacks up to other European brands, but it is going to be hotter than your Remington and Winchester in my experience. I've never had problems with bolts sticking using it though.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I shoot a lot of military rifles, the only rifle i ever had a issue with was a spanish mauser in .308, and that was because modern ammo was too hot, used lower loads and cured the problem. as to ppu being a issue i use it quite often in 8mm and 7mm mausers with no issues.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I shot up a case of PPU .223 heavy bullet match ammo. I ran it in a modern AR based rifle. I never had any trouble but it did seem to be loaded hotter than Federal Gold Medal match and Hornady 75 gr match. The PPU was very accurate.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    The PPU 308 ammo I've shot, and the brass I've resized, indicate that it's loaded pretty dang hot. I've got a picture somewhere of seriously flattened primers from factory ammo that would make me back off a powder charge, if it was my handload.

Top Bottom