Prayer request for my brother's family......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm sorry your SIL is having to go through this. My condolences and prayers for God's comfort and strength for the entire family as they grieve a good man's passing.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That family has been shouldered with the unusual burden of a double loss with the death of the man's mother on Tuesday. I read that a joint service is scheduled for tomorrow.

Just got this email from my brother and I am seething.....As if they aren't going through enough...My brother is grateful for the prayers...

Always looking for prayers. The person that Nicole left her dog with in New Orleans let him get out and he ran off and they haven’t been able to find him for three days. The paperwork for her grandmothers funeral, music she wanted played and proof she pre paid the funeral home burned up in the fire, the crooks at the funeral home are saying they have no record of it, she paid them like twenty years ago and the proof burned up in the fire, it’s been an absolute nightmare for that family...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just got this email from my brother and I am seething.....As if they aren't going through enough...My brother is grateful for the prayers...

Always looking for prayers. The person that Nicole left her dog with in New Orleans let him get out and he ran off and they haven’t been able to find him for three days. The paperwork for her grandmothers funeral, music she wanted played and proof she pre paid the funeral home burned up in the fire, the crooks at the funeral home are saying they have no record of it, she paid them like twenty years ago and the proof burned up in the fire, it’s been an absolute nightmare for that family...

We pre-paid for my mom's funeral several years ago. Now this was in Tennessee so things might be different and it's getting to be enough years since she died that my memory is on this is becoming hazy...but IIRC, the funeral home we dealt with said they had to (and I might have the legal terms fouled up here) file some escrow or annuity or something like that with the state just to avoid this kind of chicanery. Your SIL might check around and ask if there's a 3rd party record somewhere.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Just got a text from my brother....It looks like per the law they have an obligation...He said he'll keep me posted and I in turn will keep you posted....

Owen,

You have really helped my brother and his wife's family with that posted knowledge....I mean it...They have got some legal ammo now.......

God Bless you and yours....This is what makes INGO great.....And you ain't even a lawyer!!!!!:)

Top Bottom