• ...and so much more!
  • darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011110803002

man, i hate to ask, but a good friend of mine was involved in a serious motorcycle accident yesterday on 56th and georgetown rd. when an innatentive driver pulled out in his path. he's in critical condition right now with a 10-20% chance of survival. the broken bones and such will heal but he has a closed head injury that is threatening his survival. robo is a great guy and a huge gun nut (told him many time about this place, not sure if he ever joined tho) and a huge motorcyclist. the harley (not honda) he was riding had over 300k on it and he currently has two others as well so he's no stranger to riding. HANG IN THERE BROTHER!!!

thanks for reading

Last edited:

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    You got it. We lost a very close family friend a few years ago in a similar accident. Praying things turn out better for you and yours.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You asked, we deliver. Prayers sent for your Bro.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Motorcyclist, 55, in critical condition after Northwestside crash | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

man, i hate to ask, but a good friend of mine was involved in a serious motorcycle accident yesterday on 56th and georgetown rd. when an innatentive driver pulled out in his path. he's in critical condition right now with a 10-20% chance of survival. the broken bones and such will heal but he has a closed head injury that is threatening his survival. robo is a great guy and a huge gun nut (told him many time about this place, not sure if he ever joined tho) and a huge motorcyclist. the harley (not honda) he was riding had over 300k on it and he currently has two others as well so he's no stranger to riding. HANG IN THERE BROTHER!!!

thanks for reading

The exact same thing happened to one of my buddies a few months ago...He wasn't speeding and he was wearing a helmet, but someone wasn't paying attention and he paid the price.

Broken bones, kidney failure, swollen brain, comatose; the works. They gave him a survival chance right around your buddy, maybe a bit lower...

He's alive and still kicking! The swelling finally went down enough so they could operate and by some miracle one of his kidneys started working again.

Never give up hope and never hesitate to ask for prayers. They will be inbound shortly, buddy.:yesway:

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    well, it's been ten very long days and it's with a heavy heart i report that my friend robin "robo" smith passed away today due to injuries sustained in the august 2nd motorcycle accident. this is "almost" a blessing as the other day it was determined that he had brain stem function but no cortical function. in other words the brain stem was keeping the organs alive and his breathing etc., but there was no activity other than that (no conciousness, thought, movement, and such), so hypothetically he could have died of old age eventually while laying in a hospital with no chance of recovery. no real determination yet on cause of death but heart attack from a blood clot is likely. Robo, you are deeply missed and may you RIP until we meet again. thanks for all your prayers guy's (and gal's)

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    well, it's been ten very long days and it's with a heavy heart i report that my friend robin "robo" smith passed away today due to injuries sustained in the august 2nd motorcycle accident. this is "almost" a blessing as the other day it was determined that he had brain stem function but no cortical function. in other words the brain stem was keeping the organs alive and his breathing etc., but there was no activity other than that (no conciousness, thought, movement, and such), so hypothetically he could have died of old age eventually while laying in a hospital with no chance of recovery. no real determination yet on cause of death but heart attack from a blood clot is likely. Robo, you are deeply missed and may you RIP until we meet again. thanks for all your prayers guy's (and gal's)

It is hard to loose a friend but he is out of pain now. Hang in there and we will still pray for you in this hard time of grief. Never be afraid to ask for prayers.

Top Bottom