• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I agree Doc. I experienced something similar the day my dad died. I'll skip all the details but I'll say that as my wife and I were driving home to be with him, I felt a presence that...touched my soul...it was for a brief instance but I knew he was gone. I'll never forget that. God is real.
    Same here when my mom died. Very powerful event at almost the precise moment she went. Changed me, and I know that made her happy.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Doc,

I'm in tears as I type this.

I couldn't even begin to imagine the loss you and your familyfeel. How surreal iit must be. Take all the time you need to grieve. There is no magical amount of time after which someone is OK after something like this. Spend time looking at pictures. Re-live memories. Celebrate birthdays. The pain you feel will eventually fade away but her memories will remain forever. She's running and playing at home with Jesus now and that's got to be more exciting than here (for her).

I will ask for prayers from my friends for you and your family. My children and I will pray for you guys as well. I don't want to be cliche and say I'm sorry, but brother, my heart aches for you man. Lots of hugs and prayers for you all.

If there's anything at all you guys need, please don't hesitate to ask.

Mike

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yes, thank you. There is a new group called "Love, Lucas". It is run by two people from my church, one of whom is our worship leader. Their mission is to minister to and help with expenses for families who lose children during pregnancy or while young. We helped them get started a year ago with a donation and ironically they are helping to minister to us.

Love, Lucas, P.O. Box 17521, Indianapolis, IN 46217

We had an organization deliver a gown today for her. They make them out of wedding dresses and we will be donating my wife's soon for that purpose. I strongly urge you to do the same if your wedding dress is not likely to be used again. It meant a lot to have a stranger show up with a gift born from a labor of love.

I have stickied a copy of this post, in hopes more people see it.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I too cannot imagine and can only offer you my very deepest sympathy and will be praying for all your family.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    So sorry for your loss. I'm sure right now you have family and friends at the house at all hours of the day, so there isn't much more any of us can do for you right now. Unfortunately, everyone eventually has to go back to their own lives, and the visitors will begin to dwindle. When that time inevitably comes, keep all of us in mind. I'm sure there are many, myself included, who would do anything in our power to help you out, whatever the need may be.

I lost my dad unexpectedly in May (motorcycle crash). He was 49, and the last person you would expect to die in something so stupid as a motorcycle accident. Without a freaking doubt, the worst time of my life. At first, an hour didn't go by without me breaking down. Then, it became just a daily occurrence. Soon (relatively at least) I noticed I was able to go days without a dramatic breakdown. Instead of me crying every time I thought of him, I was able to smile and remember how awesome he was while he was here.

I say all of this to hopefully give you some hope. There will come a time where although you don't miss her any less than you do right now, you will be able to turn that into a positive feeling, and you will cherish the memories you have of her. Lastly, this is not the end. This is not the end of your life, and this is not the end of your relationship with your beautiful daughter. Prayers your way buddy. Don't forget to let us know what we can do for you.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I am so sorry for your loss I will deffinetly keep you and your family in my prayers. I can not imagine the loss of my daughter. I would be devistated. May god bless you and yours and provide you comfort in this time.

Top Bottom