• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    How would they prove it was assembled after the ban?
    The same why they didn't last time.

They couldn't.

But depending on how the new law is written, the onus could be on you to prove when it was assembled. If they had record of you buying a lower, they *might* require you to document when the rifle was assembled. Previously they didn't take any of this into consideration, I'm sure that will change the 2nd time around.

The downside to playing the "they can't prove squat" game is that if you lose, you can lose your freedom. Hardly worth it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The same why they didn't last time.

They couldn't.

But depending on how the new law is written, the onus could be on you to prove when it was assembled. If they had record of you buying a lower, they *might* require you to document when the rifle was assembled. Previously they didn't take any of this into consideration, I'm sure that will change the 2nd time around.

The downside to playing the "they can't prove squat" game is that if you lose, you can lose your freedom. Hardly worth it.

I would think that would violate the presumption of innocence, wouldn't it? Burden of proof is on the prosecution and all that?

That said, no, I don't think that violating the Constitution is beyond them, or suspending it altogether. The resultant uprising might have them rethinking that strategy (or stratagem).

Additionally, if it can be proven you didn't own the upper pre-ban, that would suffice as proof, or they might just not grandfather currently owned items in; thus, ownership at any time after the ban would constitute a "crime".

Blessings,
    B

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Sticking mainly to buying some ammo and some extra full capacity magazines, and that seems to be taking a big chunk of my extra money.

I'm not really into ARs or AKs and such, but will still hate it IF they are restricted or banned, but I do enjoy GLOCKS and other large capacity handguns.

I'll buy what I can afford, and hope another ban doesn't materialize.

SPC Richardson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    :do2:the only part of a gun that is counted as a gun is the receiver (everything else is spare parts). if you got a preban receiver you can put "evil" preban fetures on IE, bayo lug, folding stock,flashhider,etc... (gradfather clause) stock up on reveivers and hi cap mags. AK and AR receivers all the way.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    :do2:the only part of a gun that is counted as a gun is the receiver (everything else is spare parts). if you got a preban receiver you can put "evil" preban fetures on IE, bayo lug, folding stock,flashhider,etc... (gradfather clause) stock up on reveivers and hi cap mags. AK and AR receivers all the way.
    Are you talking about the 1994 AWB?

If you had a pre-ban receiver that had never been built into a complete rifle and you assembled it into an assault rifle (flash suppressor, bayonet lug, etc.) after the 94 ban went into effect, you just assembled an illegal assault rifle. There were only a few cases of people getting pinched for this (one dealer in Illinois got nailed, I was at the gunshow when the ATF took his inventory), but it did happen.

Unfortunately, when dealing with the ATF, ignorance of the law won't get you off the hook. They love making our lives total Hell.

Here's an example of the ATF not being reasonable.

Drill instructor convicted after rifle jams

My suggestion, don't push your luck if you enjoy your freedom. For me, there's not a rifle on this planet worth owning if the price is 10 years in prison.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Just have the parts kit and put together the lower. Then take your already built upper and swap on all the lowers. Take pictures of each one to hold onto for your records just in case.

Top Bottom