• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Search is failing to turn up the original thread of the preacher that was robbed of his outrageously expensive ($1M) jewelry on a livestream while preaching, but he is back in the news. (surprise!)

He has been arrested for fraud. Surprisingly, or not surprisingly, it has nothing to do with that robbery.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Anyone who chooses to profess and follow JESUS knows what a challenge it is to try to live the perfect life as prescribed in scriptures. If not for GODS grace and forgiveness, we would all fail.

To dishonor the name of the LORD for profit is an abomination. Even the most vile and evil hearted man can recognize that is wrong.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No way, the "preacher" with million dollar jewelry was engaged in fraud?

Come on, man. Even I know Jesus drank from the cup of a carpenter, not a golden chalice.
    I was quite surprised when they found and arrested the robbers. They couldnt tie him to it. I could have sworn it was a con job to collect insurance money on the "million dollar" valuables. Suuuuuuuure it was worth that much. ;)

Then again, he appears to be buddy buddy with the Mayor of NYC. Sounds like he is connected enough to have the police and prosecutor's office choose not to look too deep into the case to try to connect him to it. Kinda like at the end of Casablanca when they "round up the usual suspects".

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I was quite surprised when they found and arrested the robbers. They couldnt tie him to it. I could have sworn it was a con job to collect insurance money on the "million dollar" valuables. Suuuuuuuure it was worth that much. ;)

Then again, he appears to be buddy buddy with the Mayor of NYC. Sounds like he is connected enough to have the police and prosecutor's office choose not to look too deep into the case to try to connect him to it. Kinda like at the end of Casablanca when they "round up the usual suspects".
    Counterpoint, NYC is full of petty criminals who snatch everything not nailed down.

I don't know much about fencing million dollar jewelry, but I conjecture it's difficult to double dip by making an insurance claim while also keeping the item or turning it into money. I thought most stolen jewelry was, ultimately, good for nothing but melt content and loose stones.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Search is failing to turn up the original thread of the preacher that was robbed of his outrageously expensive ($1M) jewelry on a livestream while preaching, but he is back in the news. (surprise!)

He has been arrested for fraud. Surprisingly, or not surprisingly, it has nothing to do with that robbery.

What is blavity? I don’t feel included in that website? How can I protest the way I feel?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Counterpoint, NYC is full of petty criminals who snatch everything not nailed down.

I don't know much about fencing million dollar jewelry, but I conjecture it's difficult to double dip by making an insurance claim while also keeping the item or turning it into money. I thought most stolen jewelry was, ultimately, good for nothing but melt content and loose stones.

I've been involved in a few investigations of jewelry stores, couriers, etc. A lot of the high end stuff goes out of the country, and a lot of the suspects are not from the local area. It's one area of crime that's still highly organized and professional. Yeah, petty thieves engage in it as well, but there's well trained crews that do these. Even loose stones are dangerous, at least diamonds, which are laser etched and serialized. I've got a picture on my phone of a 10 ct diamond that was stolen in CA and recovered in Indy 3 days later. The only reason I knew to look was I had joined the Jeweler's Security Alliance after working a home invasion robbery of a jewelry store owner in which the home owner was shot.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The Minister should not be the richest man in the Congregation. He should not be the poorest either. The great number of ministers are bi-vocational, because the church just does not pay them very much. Sadly, those are the churches that complain he just is not available enough during the week.

I was instructed that even if a wealthy family gives a minister a Cadillac, He should not drive it, the people will rumor that you have your hand in the offering plate. Trade it for a Pontiac or Buick, and you still have a safe reliable car and no one has any room to gossip. In my mind, flashing bling like a pimp is poor judgement, disqualifying one for the profession.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The Minister should not be the richest man in the Congregation. He should not be the poorest either. The great number of ministers are bi-vocational, because the church just does not pay them very much. Sadly, those are the churches that complain he just is not available enough during the week.

I was instructed that even if a wealthy family gives a minister a Cadillac, He should not drive it, the people will rumor that you have your hand in the offering plate. Trade it for a Pontiac or Buick, and you still have a safe reliable car and no one has any room to gossip. In my mind, flashing bling like a pimp is poor judgement, disqualifying one for the profession.
    And it reminds me of the televangelist that was confronted years ago (early 2000s?) about his private jet that he flew around on. He referred to the masses as evil and possessed and he would not get inside a tube with that lot. Kenneth Copeland I believe. Dude lost his fashizzle on the reporter as I recall.

Pastors should live a comfortable life. They should be able to afford new cars, go on vacations, have nice things, etc. All within reason. You dont NEED a Caddy, a 5,000 sqft home with all the amenities for you and your wife only, and extravagant vacations. If you want that, get a job working as an executive in a fortune 500.

Top Bottom