• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had a driving trip to Grand Rapids this week, so on Monday I called Precision Cartridge in Hobart to ask if they would allow me to pick up some ammo on Friday. I wasn't real optimistic as their website says they are backordered 5-7 weeks. Dennis the owner answered the phone. I tell him I'm driving up from Indy and would like to stop by on Friday to pick up a couple of cases if he can work me in. He says, "Cash?" I say, "Sure." Dennis says, "We like cash. Come on by, we'll have it ready for you." So, I stop by their shop--which is nothing fancy, it's basically a double garage with a reloading line. Dennis was right there working on the line with the rest of the help. There were several case boxes stacked at the front of the shop apparently ready for shipping. Dennis comes out to greet me, I tell him who I am and he says, "Is it Friday already? We are working seven days a week and I don't even remember what day it is." I paid $517 for 1000 9mm 115 TCJ and 1000 .45ACP 230 TCJ. PC is currently using TCJ (Total Copper Jacket) bullets by Rainier. The rounds are packed loose 50 per zip lock, 1000 per box. Obviously, there is a wide variety of brass brands in the mix but, the ammo looks really clean. I haven't shot them yet but this sure looks like a great source of target ammo. I am tempted to try their JHPs next.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I have used PC .40 ammo for target shooting a lot, and love it. I have never had an issue....not a single one. Decent price, good service, and local.....hard to beat that!

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Was that $517 for both 9mm and 45 or $517 for each? Did you only pay a total of $517?

It's an incredible sign of the times that you can seriously ask that question! No, I certainly would not pay that for one case of any caliber. It was $200 for the 9mm and $317 for the 45acp (see their website).

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I finally got out to the range with my Precision Cartridge 45acp ammo and put 200 rounds through my G30SF. The ammo appears to be very clean. It is packaged 50 per zip lock bag so any stray gunpowder would show. Every round loaded properly and fired without issue. I'm fairly new to this gun so I don't know if I can give credit to the ammo but I was much more accurate this trip than previously. PC ammo certainly is no less accurate than factory FMJs I've used. These are TMJs or TCJs as Rainier calls them (Total Copper Jacket). First time I've shot a TCJ and frankly, I didn't notice any difference. In summary, have no fear of buying PC ammo. It is by far the best deal on the market right now. I'm now tempted to try their great deal on JHP.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    im planning on picking up a case of 9mm soon too. thanks for the info.

Boy, I wish they were that close to me, I'd buy nothing else. I also got a case of 9 but haven't fired it yet (I wanted to concentrate on my 45 this trip). If you look at their price list, they have GREAT prices on cases of JHP and it appears they are using brand name bullets. Next time I'm heading that way, I think I'll go for a case of JHP.

BTW, would you please get rid of Pat Bauer? He represents all that's wrong with politicians these days. If you need some help from some Indy activists, let me know.

msmith103

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Hendricks County
    Thanks for the info!!

Thanks to you, I now feel more comfortable going and getting my first 1911!! I've been holding out until ammo becomes more available. And what do you know! jackpot!!

Top Bottom