PRECISION RIFLE COMPETITION at Hillside Shooting Sports (Roanoke, IN) - 08/18/12

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    PRECISION RIFLE COMPETITION at Hillside Shooting Sports (Roanoke, IN) - 08/18/12

WHEN: SATURDAY AUGUST 18TH, 2012

START TIME: 9:00AM REGISTRATION @ HSS CLUBHOUSE - 9:45AM MEETING @ HSS RIFLE RANGE

WHERE: HILLSIDE SHOOTING SPORTS - 7870 North Mayne Road, Roanoke, Indiana 46783 - Hillside Shooting Sports - Welcome to Hillside Shooting Sports - events@hilllsideshootingsports.com

COMPETITION COST: $30.00 per shooter. Fees include all targets needed for the competition and an ALL-DAY Rifle & Pistol Range Pass.

This competition is great for BEGINNERS to ADVANCED level shooters.

COURSE OF FIRE: 35 possible scoring rounds + 5 min optional sighter period before each round.

Each Shooter will have a 5 min sighter period then 5 minutes to fire their 5 scoring rounds. Targets will then be changed out by range officals ONLY with no shooters going down range. With us changing target type, course of fire and timing; hopefully speed up the overall competition.

Each shooter will start at 100 yards and qualify their way through to the next yardage. Once a shooter does not qualify, they are eliminated from the competition and their scores will be posted.

Stage 1:
    100 yards - 5 rounds @ 8" Dirty Bird Target - 3 MOA shot group to Qualify
    200 yards - 5 rounds @ 8" Dirty Bird Target - 3 MOA shot group to Qualify
    300 yards - 5 rounds @ 8" Dirty Bird Target - 3 MOA shot group to Qualify

Stage 2:
    400 yards - 5 rounds @ 8" Steel Target - 3 out of 5 Hits needed to Qualify
    600 yards - 5 rounds @ 12" Steel Target - 3 out of 5 Hits needed to Qualify
    1000 yards - 5 rounds @ 40" Steel Target - 3 out of 5 Hits needed to Qualify
    1000 yards - 5 rounds @ 20" Steel Target

Hillside Shooting Sports - Welcome to Hillside Shooting Sports

Other Upcoming Events
    August 18 = Precision Rifle Competition
    August 25 = NRA Basic Pistol Class
    September 8 = Reactive Steel Pistol Match
    September 15 = 3GUN Practice Session - OPEN TO ANYONE
    September 22 = Little River 3GUN
    September 29 = NRA Basic Pistol Class

Also we are looking for event volunteers, stage RO's and setup workers for these upcoming events. You will be able to work these competitions and still shoot in them. You will receive discounts on event entry fees ans you will also receive discount credits towards a memebership at Hillside Shooting Sports.
    If you are or know of someone who would be interested in becoming a sponsor or RO for some of our upcoming events please contact events@hillsideshootingsports.com for more information.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    hope to see you guys out at the range on Saturday... the weather looks to be great... we will have lunch avaiable for purchase at the range...

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    I just wanted to drop a quick line and thank all the volunteers who put to days match on. The changes made: target types, five minuate limits, ROcomms, and RO's managing the targets made things go exceptional well. I washed out at four hundred, but I am sure I could have gone all the way threw and been out of there by 1. Thanks again and I hope you folks decided to threw a few more of theses events.

Last edited:

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    I will have to aggree with gopurdue02, that match ran a lot smoother today. I would still like to see different classes for types of ammo used and rifle set ups, maybe one day that will come.

Overall a good match.

Thanks Hillside for hosting the event.

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    I will agree with pierce195:It would be nice to see different shooting classification in the next iteration. I know we both shot prone while most shot bench-rest with some usingvice-like devices on there guns. I wouldbe supportive of a classification for those that shot prone with just a bi-pod.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Match Results can be found here:
    http://hillsideshootingsports.com/downloads/PRM - Results - 08-18-12.pdf

it looks like some of the score cards didnt get filled out all of the way so we made our best effort to post what we had... if there are any questions about score please contact me: events@hillsideshootingsports.com

Next match we are looking into making classes...

Proposed class listings...??
    - OPEN CLASS
    - Hand Reloaded AMMO
    - Factory AMMO

any suggestions???

thanks again,
    Hillside Shooting Sports

Top Bottom