• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shopgun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    To shoot past 100 yards out side of a match you must become a member. We have memberships ranging from $50/year(with $10 per visit), $250/year Unlimited(7 days a week access, no extra charge) and $2500 Life membership(7 days a week, unlimited access, for life). Once a member, you must be qualified to shoot at each distance. One of the range staff will qualify you at each distance.

Jon, can i apply for membership on line or only at the store? Would like to apply for the $50 a year membership . Does that membership allow range use only when the store is open? Thanks, Jim

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Only at the store. The $50 a year is only for during store hours and is $10 per visit. $250/year Unlimited is 7 days a week access unlimited access for no extra fee.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If I'm able to make this, for the cost I'm going to shoot my Mosin 91/30 sniper (reproduction). It is: fun, the biggest caliber rifle I own, and accurate enough to keep me in the game for a while. I also have the ability to not care how I look, lol. So long as I'm safe and having fun it doesn't bother me if I look silly.

I've never shot it past 100yds so ideally I'll try to hook up with someone that has access to a larger range to get an idea as to the dope on the thing. I get about 3 MOA out of it so with a little experience (or math if I can't get to a range before then) it should be fun to see how far out I get before I not being able to continue. I get about 1-2MOA for the first 2-3 shots then it ALWAYS opens up to a 4-5 MOA shooter.?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/203356-mosin_sniper_range_report.html

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    We never know how many to expect. The range had 4ft of water on it this last weekend. Its going down and should be down in time for this coming weekends event, but with more rain predicted for this week, we will most likely be starting at 200 yards and working our way out.

80% of shooters drop off after 400 yards. We usually have 20-25 shooters and run 3 shooters at a time.

Watch this post along with Hillsides Facebook page (Hillside Shooting Sports on facebook) for updates. If we get rained out we will be postpoing to a later date.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    The Precision Rifle match for this weekend has been postponed. The range still has 2ft of water on it and we can't get out there to put targets out.

We will let you know when it is rescheduled for.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Rescheduled to May 19th.

NEW!! All Steel Target Course of fire from 200 to 1000 yards....
    NEW!! Shooter Divisions
    NEW!! CASH PAYOUTS for Prizes

$25.00 Entry Fee for all shooters (No HSS Member Discounts)
    - $15.00 Range Fees & to help with NEW Competition Steel Targets + $10.00 a shooter goes towards CASH Prize money for each division...

This new Course of Fire was designed to test the performance and marksmanship of the shooter and their firearm. Testing both at distances from 200 yards to 1000 yards. All targeta will be a "HIT" or "NO HIT", shooter must "HIT" 3 out of 5 shots on target to advance to next stage.

Course of Fire:
    Stage 1: 5 Rounds @ 200 Yards 1/3 IPSC Target
    Stage 2: 5 Rounds @ 300 Yards 1/3 IPSC Target
    Stage 3: 5 Rounds @ 400 Yards 1/3 IPSC Target
    Stage 4: 5 Rounds @ 600 Yards 2/3 IPSC Target
    Stage 5: 5 Rounds @ 1000 Yards 40" Steel Target
    Stage 6: 5 Rounds @ 1000 Yards 20" Steel Target
    Stage 7: 5 Rounds @ 1000 Yards 10" Steel Target
    Stage 8: 5 Rounds @ 1000 Yards 4" Steel Target

NOTES:
    - 3 Minute Unlimited Sighter Period Before Each Stage
    - 7 Minutes to complete scoring rounds on target at each stage
    - All shooters must "HIT" 3 out of 5 rounds on target to qualify for next Stage
    - If shooter does not hit 3 out of 5 round on target they are eliminated
    - Shooters do NOT have to be a Member or qualified out to distance at HSS Rifle Range to compete in this event.
    - Shooters can shot from bench or prone
    - Shooters can use a BIPOD/FRONT BAG/SLING and a REAR BAG.
    - VISES or BENCHREST VISE SLEDS allowed in OPEN CLASS ONLY

Shooters Divisions:
    1.) Factory Class
    - Factory action, factory barrel, factory ammo.

2.) Factory Advanced
    - Factory action, aftermarket barrel, handload ammo.

3.) Open
    - Aftermarket action, aftermarket barrel, handload ammo.

Any disputes on "HITS" to "NO HITS" or Divisions assignments, these will be handled between the RO and the Match Director, all decision are FINAL.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Glad this was put back on the schedule. Thanks for the opportunity to participate in a precision match as there seems to be a lack of distance shoots in comparison to the other shooting sports (understandable considering the requirements).

Not hating :), just happy to have a chance to add to/test another skill set so thanks again for putting this together!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom