• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Predator drones are turning on their handlers. The war against the machines has begun.

Listen, and understand. The drones are out there. They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

hunter-killer.jpg

If you are reading this, you are the resistance.

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Wow Rambone, could you make that title a little more misleading.

Predator's have a pilot, they are not operated by their own intelligence and the article states it looks like they ordered the strike on themselves after watching live infrared hotspots of themselves and thinking it was the enemy.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Wow Rambone, could you make that title a little more misleading.

Predator's have a pilot, they are not operated by their own intelligence and the article states it looks like they ordered the strike on themselves after watching live infrared hotspots of themselves and thinking it was the enemy.
    "Honesty doesn't sell newspapers!" :dunno:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    This appears to be a case of operator error and misidentification. I can't imagine how the operators of the Drone must feel...or the families of the dead soldiers. I think that compassion and respect are in order here...not insinuations of rogue AI. :twocents:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This story does **** me off. But I'm going to focus my anger at Skynet for the time being. Anger is more useful than despair.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    This is no different than any other friendly fire incident. The only difference is that the weapon wasn't a rifle or machine gun or something - it was a missile from a drone.

This is a tragedy (as all friendly fire incidents are). To indicate otherwise (or insinuate that the "drone did it") is in poor taste and poor judgment.

Does your Glock jump out of it's holster and shoot people??? You'd get pissed at anti-gunners that insinuated that it did, right? How is insinuating that the Predator drone went rogue any different?

Drones don't kill people - PEOPLE kill people...

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Something similar happened during Operation Anaconda when a Spookey fired on friendlies. It was due to a Nav error in the C-130s avionics, that lead them to believe they were firing on a position further east.

The other thing that happens is that people who are unused to calling in fire will accidentally relay their own GPS grid as the enemy grid. It happens more than we like to admit because you figure an enemy position by first finding where you are on the map, then azimuth and range the enemy to determine his coordinates. So, you end up with 2 sets of numbers on a piece of paper, and have way too much adrenaline and other things going on to distract you and accidents happen.

Some people deal with tradgedy by finding levity in the event. I'm sure no dis-respect was meant, which obviously it wasn't since nothing direct was said about the men who perished, or the operators.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Rambone - Friendly fire is a pretty dark subject to joke about. If you meant the original post as a joke... then I apologize for not taking it as such. That said, you have a habit of putting sensationalistic titles on things and being serious about them. Based on that, I chose to believe that you meant the original post seriously. If you meant it in jest - given the general nature of most of your posts, may I suggest a shade of purple? :D

casselmb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    I have to admit that this title made me laugh. Which is embarrassing, considering the servicemen's sacrifice. This really does show how the increase in technology is still not enough to completely remove the danger that servicemen face.

Top Bottom