• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I've got a Hornady scale that I've been using since I started. I have a beam scale, but the Hornady has worked well enough that I haven't even set the beam scale up.

I will confirm that I've had this thing go haywire if the fan was focused on me too much or if my phone was too close while playing a video. I do have LED's underneath my bench but have not had too much of an issue with them. Although, that could by why occasionally it will spaz out and then return to normal. Just keep an eye on it and you should be fine.

Not to hi-jack, but what's the limit on the fluorescent lights? I've got two big ones in the garage that I was about to bring in to my room. I was thinking one on the wall above the bench and the other on the ceiling. Maybe closest one would be 3 feet from the bench? Too close?

n9tkf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2018
    Just before the earth ends.
    I have the Hornady G2-1500 that came with the Classic kit. I have not had any issues except when my smart phone is too close and blue tooth is turned on it will bobble. I have a fluorescent light within 2 feet and no issues. I keep a used dryer sheet in the case for static control. My preference is a digital scale over a beam.

mwwilkew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    I’ve been using my beam scale since I started reloading. It does everything I need and does it well. I bought a digital scale a few years ago but never use it.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Chargemaster here however wouldn't be without a quality beam to make sure its working properly. Also use the beam for Checking during progressive loading.

So get a beam first then save up for a charger/scale combo unit to play with.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Been using a Lee beam scale since I started. Tried a digital but it proved untrustworthy. Been a few years and maybe they've improved but the beam, if zeroed properly, has less to go wrong. With practice and a good technique it can be almost as fast as the digital.
    Just did 100 rounds of rifle ammo tonight. 50/6.5 Creedmoor. 50/.223 Rem. Weighed every charge trickling up to exact. Very Zen work.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Been using a hornady bench scale and a dillon d-terminator...both digital.

The hornady is less damped than the dillon, but is easier to trickle. One scale double checks the other and i have never seen more than a .1 grain discrepancy, which was easilt resolved.

Will be looking into a chargemaster lite...can spens $850 on the new one

Shred

Top Bottom