• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gds

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Lawrencburg
    United States district court northern district of Texas Fort Worth division judge Reed O'Connor - granted a preliminary injunction against the ATF enforcing their "new" regulations on the forced reset triggers . Attached is the 45 page document .

Attachments

• gov.uscourts.txnd.380076.53.0.pdf
      443.9 KB · Views: 8

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    "Despite being on their third round of briefing, Defendants have identified just two criminal shootings that may have involved FRTs... There is no evidence suggesting that FRTs in the hands of law-abiding citizens will disserve the public interest."

Under Bruen the 2A is no longer subject to the interest balancing standard. It is irrelevant what the "public interest" is, as it is irrelevant how many people are shot with them.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Kinda like the rebel flag for me. I didn’t even want one until I was told it wasn’t allowed anymore. Man, can’t the government and society in general just mind their own damn business and stay out of everybody else’s?
    Bought my first AR in my 1994 because the Clinton's said I couldn't have one. Milled out a flash suppressor and put it on with set screws for the same reason. But I've always had the battle flag of Northern Virginia.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bought my first AR in my 1994 because the Clinton's said I couldn't have one. Milled out a flash suppressor and put it on with set screws for the same reason. But I've always had the battle flag of Northern Virginia.
    Same. I blame the guys at Bradis. I too never saw the draw. I had a SKS only because It was stupid cheap at $75 (plus scrubbing off the cosmoline). And I got bored quickly with that and sold it for what I had in it sporterizing it. I figured I'd just buy another to tinker but a month later I discovered they had dried up. No more crates of greasy rifles. :( But an AR never crossed my mind at that time.

Shortly after the ban was lifted, I was in browsing on a Tuesday morning while they were unpacking from the 1500.

One of the guys behind the counter held up a post ban Bushmaster XM-15 and said "You interested in an AR? bought this off a guy at the 1500 over the weekend. He said he used it, but we cant tell. couldnt have more than 1 magazine through it. I'll make you a deal. $xxx, cash, today only." (it was a ridiculous deal, I just dont recall how much. $350?) My response was "Uh, YEAH! BRB. Gotta run to the bank. Back in 20." I had no interest in ARs before then, but given the stink and now this mystery tool was now no longer restricted, I figured I NEEDED one since .gov said I shouldnt have one.

The rest is history.

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Under Bruen the 2A is no longer subject to the interest balancing standard. It is irrelevant what the "public interest" is, as it is irrelevant how many people are shot with them.
    I think he was just slapping them around with their own argument.

allenfirearmsllc

Plinker
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Were flash suppressors illegal during the assault weapons ban aka the dark ages

Top Bottom