• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    How many of you have used the prep of the new Kahr guide or the Kahr lube diagram? I just purchased a CM9 and wanted to know if these were worth doing and if they really make a difference? Also do you have any other suggestions? I have never used anything besides Remington gun oil on my firearms. What lube do you guys recommend? TIA

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    How many of you have used the prep of the new Kahr guide or the Kahr lube diagram? I just purchased a CM9 and wanted to know if these were worth doing and if they really make a difference? Also do you have any other suggestions? I have never used anything besides Remington gun oil on my firearms. What lube do you guys recommend? TIA

I use Hoppes oil and that's what I use on my PM9. I made sure that I put 250 rounds through it before I carried it but, I never had a jam with it. I have noticed that with some ammo you cannot just work the slide. You have to use the slide stop or it will not feed properly. It's weird for me because I was always trained that it is a fine motor skill and you will most likely not be able to effectively reload in a firefight using that manner.

But, the Kahr likes it. I usually carry it as a BUG so I'm really not overly concerned with reloading it. If I've emptied my primary weapon, all of my back-up mags, and my BUG, I highly doubt another 6 or 7 rounds (depending on the mag) will make all that much difference. :twocents:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yes, lube according to that diagram. RemOil is fine... Many also suggest a more viscous grease-type lube for the slide rails.

Give it at least 200 rds (per Kahr) for break in.

My formerly owned CW-40 was 100% even within that 200rd period.

-J-

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I lubed my PM9 per the diagram when I first got it. Don't know if it made any difference, but mine has been 100% reliable through over 2000 rounds.

My favorite lube is CLP because of the teflon in it. As above, don't know if it makes a difference, but I don't seem to have problems with my firearms that others seem to have. Use Hoppes 9 for normal cleaning too.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Sorry, but what do you mean by these two statements?

If you pull back on the slide and attempt to let it slam forward, the round will not properly seat in the chamber. IF the slide is locked back, you can push down on the slide stop and it was release the slide forward. Kahr actually recommends the slide stop method.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    If you pull back on the slide and attempt to let it slam forward, the round will not properly seat in the chamber. IF the slide is locked back, you can push down on the slide stop and it was release the slide forward. Kahr actually recommends the slide stop method.

Thanks, that is what I assumed but was unsure. That might be a little weird considering I am used to let the slide slam forward considering that was what I was told to do with my LCP.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

^This. The slide stop is the lever on the left side. Sounds like you are doing everything properly. Clean and lube before taking it out, put through 200 rounds to make sure everything is worn together and functioning properly and when you are happy with it, it is ready to become your every-day carry. :yesway:

gunsrfun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    I use shooters choice grease on all my slides. It stays where I put it and I don't have to worry about it evaporating or running allover my holster.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I did the prep and lube. I have only put about 100 down the pipe. Flawless so far. I'm using Mpro-7 LPX. Super smooth. Love the CM9! My first but probably not the last Kahr.

Top Bottom