• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Many in my Family think they can come here if the world tips over and fails.
    After explaining that I am not doing all this to take care of them the mood was confused.
    I told them they would need to bring more than just their butt's to the compound.
    They are still confused.

Yep, when it comes down to survival the leaches will come out of the woodwork. My neighbors pretty much know I have guns and don't want them on my land...beyond that they don't know.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    On a serious note, towards my hoarding. It just occured to me that next town trip to town I need to pick up NEXT YEAR's rolls of black plastic garden mulch.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hoarding? There's just no such thing as too many guns. A rate of fire too fast, a caliber too big, there's just no such thing as too many guns.:)

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Amen, Leadeye!!!! My neighbor a few years ago asked me if I knew someone who had a 20 gauge shotgun, because he had a few boxes to get rid of. I went out that evening and bought a Remington 870 in 20 gauge. I told my neighbor that I had one... I was greatly rewarded with 500+ rounds of 20 gauge for FREE!!! (which almost "paid" for the new shotgun....at least that was my excuse to the wife) :hehe:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I do! I do!...bloody heck, too late again.

No, hoarding does not apply to firearms and ammunition, at some point you just become a museum.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In an average home space is a hindrance in getting everything put together with any organization.
    Depending on head count getting enough supply's can be tough. Just having ample water on hand is a challenge.
    Set your goals, once there re-evaluate. Like Libertarian 01 stated, do this to live, don't live to do it.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Basically here's the breakdown:

Prepper= anyone who has about as much stored food/water/med/cash/ammo/etc as I have.
    Unprepared Sheep= anyone who has not nearly as much stored food/water/med/cash/ammo/etc as i have.
    Crazy Survivalist=anyone who has much more stored food/water/med/cash/ammo/etc as I have.
    Hoarder= anyone who has a bunch of stuff that I do not see as having value.

I think that's how most people see it... not everyone, but most folks.

As to FEMA, Red Cross and the various disaster relief groups, they have a hard job, especially during a big regional disaster like a hurricane or a big earthquake. If my people are prepared to take care of themselves as much as possible and provide assistance to others, then that leaves more capacity for the disaster relief folks to help other people.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Water, non perishable food, flashlights/batteries, paper goods(TP, Plates,roll toweling), spare ammo, cell phone, all needed, not hoarded. Extra list can go on and on, but do a few 4-7 days with no power, heat, water, and you catch on fast. Can't always run out to McD's in an ice storm, blizzard, tornado to get your Happy Meal!
    Prep on, get supplied, survive.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If my family and friends have failed for this long to make me go to work, I'm having trouble seeing how the government could make that happen.

DanSwanky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Springfield
    I just tell people I have an uncontrollable fetish for canned goods . After saying this with a suggestive eyebrow raised the subject of the conversation is usually changed by the person standing next to me.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Probably the best advice on here that I saw. Telling other what you have is kinda like open carrying a gold desert eagle and saying you aren't looking for trouble.

And yet again someone attempts to reach the magick number with a resurrection spell.

If the smell test is passed, we shall see...

:)

Doug

Top Bottom