• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I think I will stop in after work. I'll see if they can make an appearance on here. It may help them and us!

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I went yesterday. They have some molle gear. Pouches, chest rigs, bags. They have some cases for rifles etc. They have some Glocks (glock dealer). They have some knives (not many, but I recal a KaBar machete or large chopper). They have some ration bars etc. There were a few other items, but not a lot yet. I talked to the lady there, and they are still getting stuff in. I would like to go back when they have some more stuff to look at. I think it will be a cool store once they have moe junk!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Little dissapointed. It felt akward being in there. they had less than 100 differant items to look at and it felt like i was being supervised while i was looking around.

that being said, what they didnt carry was junk. It looks like the store has ALOT of potential carrying quality items.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Any mill surplus or MREs? I drove by a couple times but it was tough to see if they were open or not.

If you're looking for military surplus, you'll almost have to go to Indianapolis Army-Navy on 21st Street at Arlington. I think they're the last surplus store open in the Metro area.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    If you're looking for military surplus, you'll almost have to go to Indianapolis Army-Navy on 21st Street at Arlington. I think they're the last surplus store open in the Metro area.
    Does Indianapols Army-Navy have a lot of stuff? I have never been there, but I am wanting to get some stuff.

Yeah, I would agree it was a litle awkward. Need more stuff!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Alot of clothing, some gear... Not exactly great pricing either.

It used to be a lot better of a place then it is now....

FYI to those that have not been there it is not a good part of town. I work in the area every now and then just keep your eyes open.

Finally saw the store on Washington today from the outside..... Depressing

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011

How about Brooks Army-Navy down near what? 34th & College? Is that closed now?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not really surplus oriented. But in some ways actual surplus stores are not focused on selling military surplus either ;).

I think there might be some surplus things there - but can't remember exactly if the water bladders and other things like that there are surp. Definitely not ever used.

There is a lot of open floor space that I look forward to seeing filled. There was an inexpensive UTG bag/pack that will make a great truck bag for $49.99. Online prices for this model are the exact same, so fair price anyway. I might buy if it's there next time I go in.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Stopped in today. Picked up a couple of things. As stated, there is not a big selection, in fact it is rather small. But As someone who just closed down his business after 16 years, I can say it is tough when everything you have for sale came out of your pocket. Going alone with no backer and no loan can be a nightmare. They seemed eager to please and help. Some would say too much so But I have been there, the start up sucks. They might not be getting much sleep. They are a family owned and run outfit. I hope they make it. I will go back. Prices were comparable to online factoring in shipping costs. Looking forward to them getting Heirloom Seeds and more inventory.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I feel like an idiot, that store is less than 5 minutes from my house and will go check it out! I ignore that shopping center, not much in there

Exactly, about the only time I'm by there is to stop by the credit union. I don't even bother to look at the strip mall on my way by. I will have to go check this place out too. I prefer to buy local, when possible.

Top Bottom