• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Just wondering if anyone else buys prepping items from Goodwill or any other thrift shops. I have found many items at the Goodwill outlet where you pay buy the pound. I have purchased many BDU'S, ECW, Pac man boots, AR-15 mags, tents, packs, lanterns, coleman stoves, sleeping pads, knives, Kevlar helmet and the list goes on. What is you best find ?? You have to spend the hours, but you just never know what you will find, like treasure hunting in the city.

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    AR mags!? You are lucky....

I usually hit the thrift shops for fleece vests and jackets, other than that I hunt for:
    1) messenger bags, laptop bags and video cam bags to use for storage/go-bags
    2) backpacks and other bags to recycle the hardware that's sewn on them.
    that's about the best I can hope for up here.

I did find a lightly used Uncle Mikes duty belt for 75 cents at a Goodwill a few years back.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I've found two excellent back packs at local thrift stores, including a practically brand new Columbia for $2.

It's also good for winter hats, cheap pullovers, gloves, thermals if you're lucky.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I always hit the thrift stores and flea markets every week. Best find to date are two katadyn water filters and an All American 915 canner. The canner was $20 and I just replaced the valve and weight and the filters just needed cleaned. I have found a Big Berkey but had to pay $50 for it(they knew what they had). Being on a budget, the thrift stores are great.

shortbusbob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    east
    Never any luck at Goodwill . I've done my best at garage sales . Buck 110 NIB . $5 !!
    22 rounds of 500 S&W ammo ....$10 ! Rusty but useable Marlin 39a $65.00 !!!
    Can't wait till this weather breaks .

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I found a brand new (still with "tags") Army version of a CamelBack for $9 at Goodwill. Certain Goodwills get in different types of items.

Falkin88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    I've found the thrift stores to usually be a good deal on cast iron cookware as well. Generally needs cleaned up and reseasoned but I've gotten quite a few skillets there for just a couple bucks.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Stopped by the one on Sunnyside today on the way home.
    Saw a INGO sticker in the parking lot on a white ford pu.
    Like grandpa said. One mans trash is another mans treasure,but none found today

Top Bottom