Present LTCH in place of Background check.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should people who have the LTCH be exempt from background checks for gun purchases?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    within the confines of current laws. I don't want this to get into they shouldn't check anyone ever type of thread.

Would you support people who have there LTCH or other state firearms license being exempt from the background check while people without a license are required to undergo the background check.

If you select other please define you thoughts.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Sounds like a start. I've already been vetted by the ISP and local sheriff. No reason to keep re-checking the same info over and over. Record my license number and carry on.

I supposed someone may then complain that a LTCH could be revoked. Maybe a quick call to an automated system, enter the license number, and get a "valid or not" answer?

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    This is the way it used to be. I have heard, I think, that the reason it was changed is that Indiana does not do a federal check for LTCH, only a state check. That is why when you by a gun from a dealer a federal background check is required.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    As we tragically seen this last week ...... if a deusch bag criminal succubus wants to get a gun, he will get it and kill people with it. murder is against the law too but they don't care so why would they care about gun laws?

YES, my LTCH should do just fine for anything. everyone deserves to be treated as non guilty until they prove otherwise. then we have laws to correct the behavior.

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    If the govt is going to do background checks, then they should do it every time. A person with a clean record could have gotten their LTCH several years ago, and since then, committed many crimes.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    In MN we have to get a "permit to purchase" for handguns, it's only good for 30 days and doesn't cost anything but it takes 2-3 months to get. If we have a permit to carry, it also serves as a permit to purchase. It's sort of a way to get LE to do a full background check so the dealer doesn't have to.

Top Bottom