• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    At a recent Obama rally in Ohio, prospective attendees were told to brandish their photo IDs if they expected admittance to the rally. No word yet on whether Attorney General Eric Holder plans to file suit against the Obama campaign for infringing upon Ohioans' right of peaceful assembly by way of a racist photo ID rule.
    Call Holder! Obama Demands ID for Rally Entrances

Granted, it's not the same thing as voting, but is anyone else tired of the double standard?

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Dead people don't attend rally's. :):

What about undead?

obama_supporters.jpg

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    Granted, it's not the same thing as voting, but is anyone else tired of the double standard?
    It is not even close to the same thing as voting.
    I would bet that no one without ID or verification has been very close to a President in a controlled area in decades.
    Way back when Bush I was only VP he visited a local college. The high school band I was a part of was asked to play. We were just teenagers and this was 'only' the VP yet we had to go through tons of security and we were not even close to where the man entered, spoke and then left.

I really don't think it is even close to a double standard.

What I am tired of is the almost rabid way the anti-Obama people will grasp at anything to try and paint the man in a negative light. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to take issue with some of the administration's policies. But this near constant attack of almost everything the man does or doesn't do just diminishes the focus on the real issues people should be concerned with. It all just becomes a mass of angry noise that turns many people away from listening to the real issues. People who might be interested in a change start to see these silly attacks on everything and just assume all the arguments are as baseless.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    That's not true. Presidents are around people all the time who have not been checked. Every time you see a President on a campaign stop in some small diner, do you think that the Secret Service ran background checks on everyone there before hand?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Call Holder! Obama Demands ID for Rally Entrances

I'm tired of everything the Democrats celebrate:

...gayness, racism, global warming sky is falling BS, Nancy Pelosi, illegal immigration, EPA, abortions, Rob Glavoyavik, Eric "waterboarding is torture, but kill lists are okay" Holder, polar bears, New York, California, protesters, communists, PETA, the nanny state, fast and furious, Katrina (didn't Obama,get the Nobel peace prize for what he WOULD have done if he were president during Katrina?), hatred of America...

...and he list goes on. It makes no sense how these fools can open their mouths and speak heir beliefs, and still earn respect from voters. They often preach about doing the exact opposite of what is right, and their motivation is often sketchy, and based on feelings instead of logic. This country needs adult leadership!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It does have a whiff of hypocrisy. But that's okay. They are hypocrites on just about everything else. You have to give credit on their consistency.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's not true. Presidents are around people all the time who have not been checked. Every time you see a President on a campaign stop in some small diner, do you think that the Secret Service ran background checks on everyone there before hand?

That would an unannounced or unscheduled stop. The odds of someone wishing to do legitimate harm to the president based on a chance stop would be fairly remote (and of course you can bet the Secret Service checked out the place just prior to). I would think it would be obvious why during a "scheduled" stop, where people can plan for his arrival, security would be much more important.

Top Bottom