• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Jill Stein of the Green Party and her running mate, Cheri Honkala, were arrested as they protested their exclusion from the presidential debate at Hofstra University.

Green Party candidate arrested

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdK35JiNjGs[/ame]

Last edited:

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I think candidate might be too strong of a word. how many states is she on the ballot in?

From the article.

Stein is on 85 percent of the ballots across the nation. Likewise, Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson is on the ballot in 47 states. Neither candidate, or any other third-party candidate, is allowed to participate in the presidential debates because of strict requirements.

You will respect my athoritah !
    Cartman

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Living in TX my vote is highly irrelevant anyway so I will be voting for a third party candidate. Remember kiddies, the only reason a third party vote is a wasted vote is because the two parties got people to believe it. If suddenly large percentages of voters started voting third party... not so wasted anymore.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Voting third party is like a junior high dance. Nobody wants to be the first person to go out on the dance floor so everyone hugs the wall.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Voting third party is like a junior high dance. Nobody wants to be the first person to go out on the dance floor so everyone hugs the wall.

Not how it worked for me. I was out grinding on the 65 year old algebra teacher, mostly because she couldn't get away. I'd happily be the first 3rd party vote if I had to.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This is crazy. Why didn't they let her in? Looks to me that she had a job to do and they just prevented her from doing - just that.
    The main complaint in America is the lack of employment and here's a girl that has a job, is willing to work and these guys are keeping her from making a living.

Outrageous! :xmad:

I just hope the school cafeteria staff had other cooks available to make up for her absence.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Third parties become relevant when enough people lose faith in one of the two main parties to start a momentum shift. So far, no third party has managed to either cause enough discontent with the current two parties to cause such a shift, nor have they managed to convince many people to back them - for whatever reason.

Until you can either convince folks that the Republican or Democrat Parties have outlived their usefulness and need to be replaced, it doesn't matter if you're brilliant and the rest of the nation is dumb (a pleasant thought, but unlikely) or it's just that your ideas haven't caught on yet, you'll still be collecting less than 5% of the popular vote.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    One doesn't need to look far for people who enjoy exclusionary practices on opposing viewpoints to the Establishment.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    One doesn't need to look far for people who enjoy exclusionary practices on opposing viewpoints to the Establishment.

images

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I don't agree with the Green Party, and I wouldn't consider voting for these ladies. However, it pains me that more candidates weren't included in the debates. I realize that it is a private company, and they can include or exclude anyone they want. I admire these women, however, for their courage in promoting other ideas that aren't influenced by the banksters. Unfortunately, their arrests didn't actually help anything. My hope is that in the 2016 election (if there even is one) is that the American public demands that third party candidates have the opportunity to debate on a large scale.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    I dont agree with this candidate on everything but why was her right to peaceful assembly violated?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can't help but not care much about this other than the fact that she was detained in a way that seems to be intended to send a message.

Top Bottom