• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    "The United States Constitution says, 'the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'. Given that the Constitution provides the framework for the federal government, how do you reconcile your firearm agenda with the 10th amendment that states, 'The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people'?"

"Since it is a known fact that fatherless homes are a contributing factor for poverty, violence, drug use, and other systemic issues, how will you support States' efforts to address this and other fundamental issues in our communities?"

"Why can't a politician ever say, 'I don't know; I'll have to ask someone who understands that better than me'? Surely, you don't expect the nation to believe that you possess a depth of understanding in Asian politics, Middle Eastern politics, Latino politics, global economics, public health, military readiness, global environmental issues, etc. And, secondly, what is the airspeed of an unladen African swallow?"

Great questions. BTW , if you ask Bill Clinton about that unladen African swallow - he will deny everything....

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Total US indebtedness is $26.6 trillion. FY 2019 spending was $4.4 trillion

You don't think it would make an impression if you said you would make every division of the government make do with 5% less as well as no annual increase - with that money devoted to debt retirement. Especially if you leveled with people and told them that all things being equal we would need to maintain that discipline for 121 years just to pay the current debt without accounting for new debt run up by deficit spending

I think most people can see that 'stop digging the hole' is job one, but they don't see a path toward that goal
    Another beat me to response of your original comment, I was going to say "you're in the wrong country bud".
    But no, leveling with people is how to lose an election, shameful as it is.
    Your monetary logic will go right over 75% + of the peoples heads. The people are allergic to the maths.
    The first and only thing your opponent will need to do is characterize you as cutting social security, but they may also mention free health care for all and free abortions (they probably want them mandatory here soon).
    Sorry to be debbie downer, hope I'm wrong.

Can people be allergic to and immune from the maths all at the same time?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Ask Biden to explain the supposed Russian collusion and 2016 election scandal, how it was perpetuated and why the investigation has not succeeded, with names and dates of the main actors, prosecutors, and witnesses.

Ask Trump to explain Hunter Bidens activities (ok skip the hooker part) and relationship with Russia/Eastern Europe while his father was VP.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    To Biden: you have been very critical of President trumps handling of covid. How would’ve you done it differently that is within the scope of power of potus.

to trump: knowing what you know now, would you have changed anything.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Total US indebtedness is $26.6 trillion. FY 2019 spending was $4.4 trillion

You don't think it would make an impression if you said you would make every division of the government make do with 5% less as well as no annual increase - with that money devoted to debt retirement. Especially if you leveled with people and told them that all things being equal we would need to maintain that discipline for 121 years just to pay the current debt without accounting for new debt run up by deficit spending

I think most people can see that 'stop digging the hole' is job one, but they don't see a path toward that goal

Jeez. Remember the weeping and gnashing of teeth during sequestration? :runaway:

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    The real question will be just how much Adderall they pump Biden with before the start of the debate. If nothing else I'm looking forward to the memes in the AM.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Mr. Biden. Why did you and President Obama set the wheels in motion to try and undermine a duly elected President Trump leading up to the 2016 transfer of power?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Mr. Biden. Will you concede the 2020 election to President Trump?

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    They’re saying Biden agreed to be checked for listening devices in his ear a few days ago and now they’re rejecting that.

His campaign also asked for breaks every 30 minutes.

Guess he needs that shot of novacane pretty often?

How is it even a real debate if the team can give him the answers??

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Mr. Biden and President Trump. Will you commit to ending political mudslinging?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    If Biden reneges on the earpiece agreement, Trump's crew is entitled to hack into it and feed Biden stuff to say. That would make the debate worth watching.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If Biden reneges on the earpiece agreement, Trump's crew is entitled to hack into it and feed Biden stuff to say. That would make the debate worth watching.
    If Biden suddenly says "Make America Great Again" then you'll know.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Is this where you will be discussing the debates or is there another thread?

I cannot bring myself to watch them, so I am looking for a play by play.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    4goj1e
    4goj1e
    4goj1e.jpg

Top Bottom