• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg
    In regards to rivets***,,myself and a co-worker took one of my holsters and tried to find its breaking point. He grabbed on side of the holster (thru the open holster mouth) and I grabbed the other. It took a lot of work, hard pulling using both of our body weight and took about 5 mins to pull and pop those rivets out of the Kydex. I cant see how glued kydex could last that long.

Glue isnt neccessary
    when in a real life scenario will you have your holster intentionally pryed apart like that?
    even if someone tugs on your pistol from the right angle...if you are fighting for a pistol from that position...you both did something wrong
    rivets do the job just fine

djsmith1000

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2014
    United States
    OK. I'll take the 'word to wise...' I'll start with rivets then. Do you guys use eyelets or grommets? I'm a little confused. Seems that grommets are two piece? Maybe a little stronger? Most of the holsters I've seen appear to have eyelets...

papas1972

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2014
    Billerica
    Please email me

Hpclayto, I'm trying to reach you but can't pm because I'm a new member. Can you please PM me with your contact info so I can talk tonyou about a holster I need made. Thank you.

Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    For foam I used the blue exercise pad from Wal-Mart, I believe it's "Gold's Gym" brand. It's around $18, but there's enough foam for 2 presses. I will also suggest that you build the "CoffeeBum" style press that you can find on Kydexpro.com, it works like charm and can make a beginner's work look like a guy's that's been doing it for years! If I wasn't at work, I'd post some pics of mine. I've only done 4 holsters and 3 mag pouches so far but they all turned out better than anything I've bought.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    For foam I used the blue exercise pad from Wal-Mart, I believe it's "Gold's Gym" brand. It's around $18, but there's enough foam for 2 presses. I will also suggest that you build the "CoffeeBum" style press that you can find on Kydexpro.com, it works like charm and can make a beginner's work look like a guy's that's been doing it for years! If I wasn't at work, I'd post some pics of mine. I've only done 4 holsters and 3 mag pouches so far but they all turned out better than anything I've bought.

this style of press is a must to get good results doing a fold over type holster.

Top Bottom