Pretty soon the nation's LEOs are going to have to make a choice ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    We could win in less than 24 hours if we wanted to. The question is one of will, not ability.

No man made force on earth could stand against the American public, if sufficiently pissed off and motivated.
    What worries me most is I know a good portion of our own military and LE would turn on us but your right I imagine, USA has never been ever to win in a gorilla or asymetric war which is exactly what they would have on their hands.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What worries me most is I know a good portion of our own military and LE would turn on us but your right I imagine, USA has never been ever to win in a gorilla or asymetric war which is exactly what they would have on their hands.

It isn't really that, it's the logistics of it. You can't fight an uprising in a country this big happening everywhere at once. It's legitimately impossible to even prepare for it.

Where are you going to move your finite troops to? What are you going to try to hold onto? By the time you've even started making plans, the war is already over and you're stuck in a bunker wondering if you'll end up like Saddam or not.

Just look at the capitol for instance. One moment everything was perfectly fine, and in the blink of an eye random people were mulling around the senate chambers taking selfies.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010

Gorilla warfare? I didnt see any pushback from them after Harambe.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    It isn't really that, it's the logistics of it. You can't fight an uprising in a country this big happening everywhere at once. It's legitimately impossible to even prepare for it.

Where are you going to move your finite troops to? What are you going to try to hold onto? By the time you've even started making plans, the war is already over and you're stuck in a bunker wondering if you'll end up like Saddam or not.
    Yeah, I just hope to God we don't have to find out.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    If you don’t think that the persons who attacked the Capitol and the officers there isn’t political extremism, then I honestly have to question your ability to identify such, and list examples of “real” political extremism from the past.
    So the Antifa/BLM activavists who burned, looted and murdered people in big cities are not a threat but the ONE time a right leaning crowd (which had Antifa mixed in with them) who walked into the Capital are terrorists.

In Biden's rambling, dazed 'press conference ' he pushed gun control. And pushed for the end of the filibuster in the Senate.

So everything is peachy keen I guess.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So the Antifa/BLM activavists who burned, looted and murdered people in big cities are not a threat but the ONE time a right leaning crowd (which had Antifa mixed in with them) who walked into the Capital are terrorists.

In Biden's rambling, dazed 'press conference ' he pushed gun control. And pushed for the end of the filibuster in the Senate.

So everything is peachy keen I guess.
    Never expect a loyalist to support a dissident.

This is true both directions. The point it becomes dangerous is when it involves forcing people into difficult choices.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The majority wont be willing to get into a gunfight for the dems agenda so they will refuse or resign, more are pro 2A themselves so they will refuse or resign.
    wrong.gif

There may be a few slow-walking it, and a few early retirements. But folks with $65k+ a year salaries, take home cars and excellent benefits aren't gonna just quit and go work at Amazon for $15 an hour. Somebody's gotta pay the mortgage.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How about a year of leftist brownshirts burning, looting, and murdering?
    Ok and? Given that this conversation is about LEOs, are you somehow implying that those officers at BLM riots are somehow supportive of their actions, or did you just want to bring that up to derail the substance of what this thread is about?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    "The nation's LEOs" are not going to collectively make a choice. We don't have national police. We have local, county, state, and federal police. Individual agencies are going to make individual policies. Individual officers are going to make individual choices.

Most cops are local. Less cops are county. Waaay less cops are state, waaaaaaaaaaay less cops are federal. Police under the state level are generally loath to enforce/refer charges under federal law. Officer Bob and Deputy Craig are NOT going to bang on your door in the middle of the night demanding your firearms in the event of a blanket ban.

Little secret? Cops *already* aren't enforcing various laws, for a myriad of reasons. Stop painting LE with your myopic viewpoint of us vs. them.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This thread is as stupid as the ones back when Obama was bringing in the UN for door to door confiscation due to the Small Arms Treaty.

Local and state police can't enforce federal law. It's why we can't arrest illegal aliens for being here illegally, why we can't arrest felons in possession of firearms if they don't also meet the more restrictive state code, etc. Are you going to quit your job? You have as much authority as me to enforce federal law, unless you happen to be a federal LEO. Ok, we all quit in protest. Who does all the stuff local police/sheriffs do? You know, like murders, rapes, robberies? Run the jails? Serve warrants? Respond to your traffic crash? Those problems will just stop, though, right?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Wasn't Obama supposed to be the one "coming for your guns"?
    And in eight years all he managed to do was to allow people to bring guns into National Parks.
    Trump was supposed to be pro-gun and he came after bump stocks (and did nothing to try to repeal the NFA).

So an anti-gun Democrat president did more to advance gun rights in the US than a supposedly pro-gun Republican.:dunno:

The US is not Australia, you can't ban guns by the stroke of a pen.

Law enforcement officers are not coming for you guns, and shouldn't be presented as a potential enemy.

Like their job is not dangerous enough they now have to deal with an ultimatum from gun owners.

They took an oath to defend the constitution and that include your second amendment rights.

They are not coming for your guns anytime soon and deserve our support more than ever.

Top Bottom