Pretty soon the nation's LEOs are going to have to make a choice ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So you would have no problem with a bunch of veterans going in and beating the crap out of these commies? I'm sure you could get hundreds to come do that If police stand down and allow it to happen. However, police will move to protect the ones burning and looting from those who are sick and tired of them doing it. Am I correct?
    The ones doing the burning and looting almost seem to be a protected class.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ah, so too much risk for you to go against what the state wants. Got it. You're willing to extort others from the side to buck the system, question "loyalties" if they don't, but not do it yourself. Did you perhaps not notice that two IMPD officers were arrested and charged in the Indy riots? Like we're not somehow immune to prosecution?

"I'm willing to fight, as long as there's no personal risk to me legally or physically or someone else does it for me" - 1st INGO Volunteers, Walter Mitty Division.

I've laid out the issues and made the case, you're just maneuvering around it to deflect.

The law abiding do not want to fight it out with the police in the process of aiding the police. Given that exact situation, pause is given as to whether police will be the ones to come for your guns when things end up going south. If you can't grasp that concept, I can't help you.

The situation in most of the country was akin to if a cop was wrestling with a suspect on the side of the road, and you showed up to help the officer, and the officer drew a gun on you and let the guy wrestling with them walk away. Maybe it wasn't that way for you personally, but that's what I heard on the scanners and saw on the streams. And this latest video is a fine example of exactly that.

Last edited:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    That's fair, but the latter is just fatigue from similar incidents happening consistently from the past year.

Watching cops constantly bust the good guys while ignoring the bad guys is really demoralizing. (And yes I know, everyone is an individual and you individually are not responsible for it.)

But, if they arrest one of the ANTIFA thugs, police cars get trashed, buildings get burned, and police stations get occupied, and the politicians will just bail them out before dawn.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The ones doing the burning and looting almost seem to be a protected class.
    I'm still waiting on a reply from my question. I already know the answer but I'd like confirmation. Of course they probably may not want to answer it to keep from getting into trouble and I respect that. Do LEO's have a civilian version of the UCMJ?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    But, if they arrest one of the ANTIFA thugs, police cars get trashed, buildings get burned, and police stations get occupied, and the politicians will just bail them out before dawn.

Those stations wouldn't get burned or their cars trashed if they taught antifa to have a little respect rather than let them run roughshot over anything and anyone. Probably not the officer's fault that's the case(Probably might be an understatement), but IMO antifa should be shoot on sight if they clearly are wearing the insignias.

They've caused more mayhem domestically than ISIS at this point. They're also absurdly dumb so it's easy to track them down, and they love to announce themselves thinking they have immunity.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Those stations wouldn't get burned or their cars trashed if they taught antifa to have a little respect rather than let them run roughshot over anything and anyone. Probably not the officer's fault that's the case(Probably might be an understatement), but IMO antifa should be shoot on sight if they clearly are wearing the insignias.

They've caused more mayhem domestically than ISIS at this point. They're also absurdly dumb so it's easy to track them down, and they love to announce themselves thinking they have immunity.
    Just getting to some serious work with a hard ball bat is enough to scatter those clowns for the most part. Seen to many videos proving it. They do not like any of their own medicine and properly applied this medicine is a solid cure.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just getting to some serious work with a hard ball bat is enough to scatter those clowns for the most part. Seen to many videos proving it. They do not like any of their own medicine and properly applied this medicine is a solid cure.
    The little sucker punch bastards need a good comeuppance and their skateboards shoved up their asses. Sideways.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm still waiting on a reply from my question. I already know the answer but I'd like confirmation. Of course they probably may not want to answer it to keep from getting into trouble and I respect that. Do LEO's have a civilian version of the UCMJ?
    Negative. Most agencies have rules and regulations as well as policies and procedures which are to be followed. Similar in that it is a set of rules but they do now carry the weight of law as UCMJ does. You'll have a lot of things which are repeated or supported by Indiana law so officers can get double banged like members of the military can.

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    The chemistry that created the environment Hitler took advantage of, does not exist in the US. It's a logical fallacy.
    Denny, I have the utmost respect for your work, don't get me wrong. I have three friends who are Law Enforcement Officer; one is the Sheriff of our county.

However ... the social unrest seen in the Weimar Republic from 1918 -1933 driven by political extremism, hyperinflation (it's coming), high unemployment rate, dissatisfaction with the politicians (resulting from 'legislation' by emergency power (read Executive Order)) was very similar to the conditions we are beginning to see.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Negative. Most agencies have rules and regulations as well as policies and procedures which are to be followed. Similar in that it is a set of rules but they do now carry the weight of law as UCMJ does. You'll have a lot of things which are repeated or supported by Indiana law so officers can get double banged like members of the military can.
    The prohibition against double jeopardy gets bypassed with word games?

askperts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2021
    Plymouth
    Looks like these choices are coming at us faster than expected:

I guess Kut is going on an extended vacation, as per the agreement.
    Are you against the possible oversight or regulation of "ghost guns" or guns created on a 3-D printer? That's the only executive action being taken so far. They can never come for our guns, the 2nd amendment protects against that at the SCOTUS has made it clear they will protect gun rights.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Are you against the possible oversight or regulation of "ghost guns" or guns created on a 3-D printer? That's the only executive action being taken so far. They can never come for our guns, the 2nd amendment protects against that at the SCOTUS has made it clear they will protect gun rights.
    Oversight and/or regulation of self made firearms is a ridiculous idea and if attempted, will never amount to more than a gigantic waste of time. It in no way, shape or form will have any positive effect on crime.

They've been coming for our guns for years, decades actually. Some years they edge closer, some years it seems they lose ground but they are always coming. As far as the Supreme Court is concerned, if protecting the Constitution and this nation were their current priority we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If only the world worked in reality like it does on paper. Let's make that statement a little more realistic. Some current SCOTUS justices have opined that they will protect 2A rights, but not all, and not necessarily a majority will. We don't know yet. The court isn't a monolith. It's comprised of justices who think as ideologically as anyone else. If it came down to it, if Democrats thought they could get away with stacking the courts to get a decision against the 2A, they'd do it. Many Democrats think they have the political capital to do it now. And they keep egging 0biden to do it now. Just like they've been hounding him to get rid of the filibuster. There is no surety built into a piece of paper that protects the 2A. Protecting our rights is a constant political battle.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I am wholey against ANY regulation that restricts your ability to manufacture your own firearms without big brothers intervention. They have no business knowing what anyone owns... being a libertarian , that is one area I fall away from alot of conservatives.. in most respects conservatives and libertarians have fairly aligned thought process but ive notices on 2nd amendment issues, libertarians tend to have the attitude of it being a absolute, a inalienable right that under no conditions can man alter, curtail or impeded upon its existence and your right.. it is your right, By simple fact of being alive and God breathed and only God has the right to change it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, no. This is fear-mongering. This isn’t going to happen “pretty soon,” nor in the foreseeable future.
    You make it seem as if the vast majority of the over 800k local, state, and federal LEOs are mindless automatons who can’t think for themselves. They ain’t that.
    This isn’t to say not to be vigilant, but to think LEOs are “pretty soon” coming to your doors and confiscating weapons en masse, is simply rubbish.
    If LEOs are doing that, how many years would it take to complete that mission?

And what else wouldn't get during that time?

Let's look to NYC, or other places that banned guns, magazines, and some ammo. Did LEOs go door to door? No. Then why are you convinced it will happen on a federal level and in states that are much, much more gun friendly than NYC?

Top Bottom