• ...and so much more!
  • cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    PRICE CHECK 1975 s&w model 60 LNIB W/ cleaning kit

So I stumbled upon this beauty at a local range I frequent. It has a very slight turn ring and looks great. I am new to buying older guns, but I recently found a 1973 model 36 in great shape, for $250. I know it was a steal, but now I found this gem and am wondering what you all would expext to pay for it. The owner of the shop says it has never been fired, but i have a hard time believing that... so please post what you would expect to pay for this. And at what price is it a must buy... I should say, J probably shouldnt be buying any more guns, but I have a few things i could let go for this...

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If it has a cylinder drag marks on it it is not unshot or 100%. So at 95% Big down between 100% and 95%. DO let him tell you it is unshot or 100%.

I believe the blue book had subtract 25 dollars for a 2 inch barrel and add 30% without a letter prefix and bright stain finish. (check it out if it is an old one) I do believe they discontinued them in 1996. This is by memory when I was trying to replace one i traded on a contender pistol in the 1980's.

I bought mine new is 1980's for 250 and traded it off and regreated it. I still have the contender so it was a good trade.

Box adds a bit but a blue book does not really give a ADD to that anywhere in the listings.

350 is most likely about the top end on these for me. And that is if it was a had to have in that shape. I toss a model 60 in my jacket pocket or the glove box ect. So to me a little extra saved for a carry/truck gun is fine. I like stainless for the care I don't have to take with them. I also like the shine.

The model 60 is a classic that everyone should have. In smiths to me a model 29, 586/686, model 60. model 66. and a K-22 model 17 are the prizes of the smith wheel guns. I don't care much for the auto they make.

Top Bottom