• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    A sure sign that the insane prices of AR-15's are getting back to normal. Just saw 2 Bushmaster E-15 E2's at an LGS. Both rifles were new and priced at $1199.99 only $100 more than I paid for the same rifle over a year ago. Also saw a S&W 15/22 at Wal-Mart for $459.99, not the crazy $700 as seen on other gun sites.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I hope word gets out to the gun show community. I was at the Lafayette Show this morning. Federal bulk pack .22 for $60 at one table and $65 at another. .223 at a dollar a cartridge. AR's were $1500 plus.

BRILEY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Beech Grove
    That's refreshing to hear! As I've said before, I can't be mad at these people for price gouging... at the end of the day price gouging is one of many things that makes this country so great, Capitalism at its finest!

I saw 9mm Lawman ammo for $19.99 per/50 at the gun store the other day, they had about 20-30 boxes, that's a few more dollars than I paid for the same ammo at the same place about 8 months ago.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    We still have $800 AR15s listing for over $2K in our classifieds here, this news will surely disappoint them.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It's coming back down all over. There are still some spikes of stupidity, but they're getting fewer and farther between. I think it was just a wake up call for people to find any last minute items they'd want to get while they can. I'd just like to see the supplies back up to full stock within a few months so I can go back to my normal habbits.

Just like the '08 panic buying though, I have learned some lessons and I intend to make some corrections once the prices and available come back to sanity.

Natchez has G26 mags in stock at $30 (still high, but not by too much), and 223 & 9mm are still a little crazy, but at least they're becoming available again.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I was at the Gun show in Ft Wayne today. Several ARs. Some priced at just over $1k some still outrageous. Noone seemed anxious to buy them. I'm guessing the demand has been met. I didn't see a single regular size M&P. I saw one glock, a 22. Smattering of sigs and taurus and a handful of XDms. Granted this is the little brother of the gun shows here, but it gives you an idea of what is going on.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I was at the Gun show in Ft Wayne today. Several ARs. Some priced at just over $1k some still outrageous. Noone seemed anxious to buy them. I'm guessing the demand has been met. I didn't see a single regular size M&P. I saw one glock, a 22. Smattering of sigs and taurus and a handful of XDms. Granted this is the little brother of the gun shows here, but it gives you an idea of what is going on.

There's a gun show today? What, how did I miss this? Is it at the fairgrounds, coliseum or k's?

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I think prices at dealers are starting to come down and normalize. Now if people in the classifieds here and selling on Armslist would figure it out, we'd all be better off. Sorry, but seeing people listing no-name stripped lowers for $400 has passed its prime.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    The prices will drop a lot faster if morons would stop encouraging bad behavior. Just give it another month for all the ones that are filing a 1040 ez to **** away there return and the bubble should bust completely and we will return to reality.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    We still have $800 AR15s listing for over $2K in our classifieds here, this news will surely disappoint them.

They will haz a sad. :(

24312680.jpg

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I hope word gets out to the gun show community. I was at the Lafayette Show this morning. Federal bulk pack .22 for $60 at one table and $65 at another. .223 at a dollar a cartridge. AR's were $1500 plus.

Gun shows will be the last place that changes its ways. Retail outlets have to consider everybdy's price, gun show dealers only have to compete with ther dealers.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I'm confused. In one thread you have people boasting about selling 223 for $1.20 a round and how it's the capitalist way and when I say something about it I get piled on and have a bunch of economics crap flung at me. Then in another thread there are people complaining about how high the prices are and everyone gouging in the classifieds. Is Ingo Bipolar or maybe schizophrenic? Which is it? Is it Capitalism at it's finest or price gouging and greed? I truly don't know... :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm confused. In one thread you have people boasting about selling 223 for $1.20 a round and how it's the capitalist way and when I say something about it I get piled on and have a bunch of economics crap flung at me. Then in another thread there are people complaining about how high the prices are and everyone gouging in the classifieds. Is Ingo Bipolar or maybe schizophrenic? Which is it? Is it Capitalism at it's finest or price gouging and greed? I truly don't know... :dunno:

Depends on if you are pitching or catching

Top Bottom