• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tims87gn

Marksman
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    I love Orion's. They have been fair with me in most of my dealings with them. I really hate to see the prices at their current levels, especially on ammo. Maybe they are trying to dissuade people from buying. It did for me...7.62x39 went from $8/20rds to $12/20rds for example. SKSs that sold for $279 went back up to $329 overnight only because of current events. I still bought one because they were nice enough to give me a break. I'll be backing off purchases for a while until the craziness subsides.
    Side note: I've never seen a shop so full of people as I have in the previous weeks! No wonder the shelves are almost empty. I'm so glad don't work there, cause I'd be working for free! :)

Boomstick

Expert
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Whats scary is our 762x39 went from $7 to $8 when stock ran out, then when we ran out of all the military classic camo box wolf and found the black box stuff it jumped big time!!!! $11.95now and only have a few cases in stock. Ammo will come back down, always does once supply catches up and we can get direct buys again. I'd suggest for those who have a good supply of ammo but just want more is wait 6 months or so, prices will fall back slow but they will fall. I'm truly only worried about a re-introduction of the assualt weapons ban, which means hi-cap mags will stay nuts in price. best scenario I hope for is that we can get decent amounts of stock in before anything happens so we can all, myself included stock up again even more before its too late.

JagsFan

Plinker
    Aug 31, 2012
    Whats scary is our 762x39 went from $7 to $8 when stock ran out, then when we ran out of all the military classic camo box wolf and found the black box stuff it jumped big time!!!! $11.95now and only have a few cases in stock. Ammo will come back down, always does once supply catches up and we can get direct buys again. I'd suggest for those who have a good supply of ammo but just want more is wait 6 months or so, prices will fall back slow but they will fall. I'm truly only worried about a re-introduction of the assualt weapons ban, which means hi-cap mags will stay nuts in price. best scenario I hope for is that we can get decent amounts of stock in before anything happens so we can all, myself included stock up again even more before its too late.

This is why I shop with these guys. Chris is straight forward and doesnt BS you to death trying to get you to buy from them. Keep up the good work Chris and the rest of the Orion Arms staff. Hopefully Ill see you soon.

Tims87gn

Marksman
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    I had the pleasure to meet Chris one day and was impressed with his honesty. Kinda like talking to a buddy that I've known for years. I like that. I told him then and I'll say it now, I'll be back. You've got a long term customer here! Can't wait until you guys get restocked one day. Hopefully it won't be Summer!

Boomstick

Expert
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I had the pleasure to meet Chris one day and was impressed with his honesty. Kinda like talking to a buddy that I've known for years. I like that. I told him then and I'll say it now, I'll be back. You've got a long term customer here! Can't wait until you guys get restocked one day. Hopefully it won't be Summer!

Thanks for the kind words. I learned long ago, provide a service treat people nice, be honest and fair and the rest will come natural. I love this industry, and the people who pursue this hobby. It honestly makes work fun. I cant count the number of customers who have become friends, its a nice job perk. Thanks for coming in!!!

harb7676

Plinker
    May 28, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Orion has always been fair to me. I was disappointed to see the day of the $799 wasr. However people are spending the money. Can't beat Capitalism. Demand driven market!

hemicharger

Expert
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    I deal with Orion on the wholesale level and I can say they are the best distributer I deal with. Great prices and fast shipping.

ZOMBIE2012

Plinker
    Jan 26, 2013
    sorry but those selling should be ashamed. i dont sell my stuff for 3 times the amount.im here to support my fellow armed AMERICAN!

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    sorry but those selling should be ashamed. i dont sell my stuff for 3 times the amount.im here to support my fellow armed AMERICAN!

Now why should they be ashamed? I can understand if they are just gouging and raising prices without their costs going up, too. That is wrong. This is a business and supply and demand is doing its thing right now. When their distributors/suppliers start charging them $40 for what used to cost them $10 (just throwing random numbers out, I don't know their costs on anything) they will need to increase their prices to make some kind of profit. It would be stupid to charge half of what you paid when you are in the retail business. This is not price gouging and there is nothing to be ashamed of.

If there is any group that should be ashamed it would be the panic buying group. All of the panic buying since Sandy Hook is the cause of the outrageous and soaring prices of everything. It has driven Magpul to run their factories 24/7 only making their non-window, black Pmags trying to get somewhat caught up with the current consumer demand. They're not the only company doing this, though. Once the panic dies down and these companies get their supply caught up the prices will drop again.

Now when you are selling your own, personal items then you get to set the prices. Some people will gouge, but you can only hope that most won't. When you're not selling as a business and keep the prices reasonable, you have my (and most others) respect.

CLowe

Shooter
    Dec 29, 2012
    Now why should they be ashamed? I can understand if they are just gouging and raising prices without their costs going up, too. That is wrong. This is a business and supply and demand is doing its thing right now. When their distributors/suppliers start charging them $40 for what used to cost them $10 (just throwing random numbers out, I don't know their costs on anything) they will need to increase their prices to make some kind of profit. It would be stupid to charge half of what you paid when you are in the retail business. This is not price gouging and there is nothing to be ashamed of.

If there is any group that should be ashamed it would be the panic buying group. All of the panic buying since Sandy Hook is the cause of the outrageous and soaring prices of everything. It has driven Magpul to run their factories 24/7 only making their non-window, black Pmags trying to get somewhat caught up with the current consumer demand. They're not the only company doing this, though. Once the panic dies down and these companies get their supply caught up the prices will drop again.

Now when you are selling your own, personal items then you get to set the prices. Some people will gouge, but you can only hope that most won't. When you're not selling as a business and keep the prices reasonable, you have my (and most others) respect.

Couldn't say it any better if I tried !

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    I just wish they would answer their phone. I've called several times in the past few days looking for an FNX in .45. It rings the retail floor, but no answer.

Boomstick

Expert
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Sorry, we have 3 people answerign the phones full time, plus the over flow going to the retail sales staff and cant keep up.
    We currently on have the LE Fn 45's in stock for dept/officer purchase, none at the moment for retail customers.

p.s. you can always PM me, I do Law Enforcement sales, and havent seen the huge increase the retail sales staff has, so therefore may be a bit easier to reach

I just wish they would answer their phone. I've called several times in the past few days looking for an FNX in .45. It rings the retail floor, but no answer.

Denny L

Plinker
    Dec 11, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Well I have to chime in since I have been in Orion a few times. This is your basiic supply and demand situation. I know someone who purchased 2 AR from you recently and had to ask me the manual of arms. When I asked for the purchase the answer was investment. A 700.00 DPMS now sells for 1300 on GUNBROKER and do not even look at a SCAR. I think things will settle out and we will see the supply catch up with demand. Cost who knows probably as much as someone will pay look at the gasoline situation. I still buy gas. Guess I will still buy guns.

dice dealer

Master
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Well I have to chime in since I have been in Orion a few times. This is your basiic supply and demand situation. I know someone who purchased 2 AR from you recently and had to ask me the manual of arms. When I asked for the purchase the answer was investment. A 700.00 DPMS now sells for 1300 on GUNBROKER and do not even look at a SCAR. I think things will settle out and we will see the supply catch up with demand. Cost who knows probably as much as someone will pay look at the gasoline situation. I still buy gas. Guess I will still buy guns.

Things are slowly calming down .
    Some prices are dropping (SLOWLY but dropping)
    I think once the Gooberment does what it is going to do , things will come back to some form of normalcy .

Top Bottom