• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Last December I started a thread because I saw more than one Hi Point 995 carbine sell on gunbroker for $500!

The proposed Fienstien gun ban was making everybody crazy and people were paying some pretty wild prices. I didn't get quite that greedy but I did manage to sell mine to a local guy for $350.

Thankfully the gun ban didn't come to be, and things seem to have settled down quite a bit. The other day I saw a used 995 sell on gunroker for $147 + $20 shipping. In fact, Nobody is bidding on any of that 995s that are listed at much over $200.
    Looks like it is time for me to start shopping again!

What are you guys seeing on other semi autos that were being targeted by Fienstien an Co. Are the prices coming down on them yet?

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    It is almost time to start buying. Hold your fire, you'll do great.
    Any time is the right time to buy if you find the right price. Though I sure agree with the hold your fire sentiment, if you don't. I am convinced that spreading the word around when you see a good deal helps others to be patient to wait for one.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Del, you are absolutely correct. Price is nothing but information.

Wait until after the cold weather. Cold weather=guns.

March 2014 will be the time to focus on investments of the shooty kind.:D

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Del, you are absolutely correct. Price is nothing but information.

Wait until after the cold weather. Cold weather=guns.

March 2014 will be the time to focus on investments of the shooty kind.:D

Agreed. Hopefully you'll set your sights a little higher than Mosins and Hi Points. PSA makes a decent AR in the $700 dollar range. That's much better than the $1500 they were bringing a little over a year ago. But hold on, next Nov. guns will be selling like crazy again because of the mid-term elections. No matter who's showing a lead in the polls, there will be the rumor of a coming gun ban (most likely started by the gun industry itself), it will put people in "panic" mode all over again. I would suggest between now and next Nov. to buy ammo when and where you can, and make the firearm purchases that you want. Unless you want to wait out another "panic" which seems to take a year.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    PSA has complete lowers with magpul moe furniture for $199 and had a complete upper last week for $279. Right at $500 for a PSA, I couldn't pass that up.

mikemcbride

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Seen a lot of core 15s for less then $700.00. When they are on special they usually give you ammo and magazines with it.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    It is almost time to start buying. Hold your fire, you'll do great.

Some of us never raised our prices to begin with. :D We just won't play that game. If the gun doesn't cost ME any more, I'm not raising my prices to capitalize on tragedies or fluctuating market conditions.

As far as March being the time to buy, all it takes is a rumor of gun control legislation or another horrific tragedy and demand will skyrocket (as will prices) and supply will dwindle.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Agreed. Hopefully you'll set your sights a little higher than Mosins and Hi Points. PSA makes a decent AR in the $700 dollar range. That's much better than the $1500 they were bringing a little over a year ago. But hold on, next Nov. guns will be selling like crazy again because of the mid-term elections. No matter who's showing a lead in the polls, there will be the rumor of a coming gun ban (most likely started by the gun industry itself), it will put people in "panic" mode all over again. I would suggest between now and next Nov. to buy ammo when and where you can, and make the firearm purchases that you want. Unless you want to wait out another "panic" which seems to take a year.

I'm glad to see people with "higher end" tastes taking part in the thread, because it broadens the topic to more people, but that is not where my interests lie. I am a more bag for the buck kind of guy plain and simple.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    all it takes is a rumor of gun control legislation or another horrific tragedy and demand will skyrocket (as will prices) and supply will dwindle.

Goes without saying.

Between March and August will be the time to start buying again. August 2014 will likely see an increase because of anxiety over elections.

Of course, if I was in some place like Virginia, I would start buying now as it will not go well for them.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I'm glad to see people with "higher end" tastes taking part in the thread, because it broadens the topic to more people, but that is not where my interests lie. I am a more bag for the buck kind of guy plain and simple.

Nothing wrong with that at all, I did not mean to sound offensive, if I did. I was just replying to your thread, so YES prices have come down on just about everything.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Have you been on their website since about april? They have uppers for the 400$ range about every day… I got my stainless 20" that normally goes for 750 for 449 in july.

Ive been on their website once or twice a week, for the last several months, Im kinda in the market, but no haste...

Ive yet to see a barreled upper for less than 499.95, and it may start with 400, but thats 500 bucks any way you slice it. Im probably just not seeing the occasional lower priced uppers, cuz im not checking too often. I was just surprised to hear of such a good deal.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom