• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I lean more toward letting things play out on their own unless it's something that obviously egregious. I had a member "dog" me in a PM about some magazines I was selling and a day later the mags were bought by one our Mods so I must not have been too far out of line. Who decides what is "too much" would be my question? Still I always fall back on, not my board and I'll follow the rules. Judgement calls are above my pay grade. :):

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Attention all INGO members:

If you utilize the INGO classifieds, you need to pay attention to this announcement.

Posting ads at ridiculous, inflated prices in order to fleece the membership or make a quick buck due to global circumstances will get your ad removed and your posting privileges revoked permanently. This practice is commonly known as "price gouging" and will not be tolerated here. The classifieds is a perk and a safe place to buy/sell/trade and we aim to keep it that way.

Further, we have no desire to have a discussion about capitalism, free market, etc. It is what it is, and it is not up for debate.

Carry on.

I refrained from the economics discussion as you asked, are you going to allow members to malign gun suppliers?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I lean more toward letting things play out on their own unless it's something that obviously egregious. I had a member "dog" me in a PM about some magazines I was selling and a day later the mags were bought by one our Mods so I must not have been too far out of line. Who decides what is "too much" would be my question? Still I always fall back on, not my board and I'll follow the rules. Judgement calls are above my pay grade. :):

[FONT=&]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&]

[/FONT][FONT=&]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&]
    [/FONT][FONT=&]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&]

[/FONT][FONT=&]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

All too often when you get beat up on pricing that individual is more often than not looking to flip. And no not every one but seriously, I have had the same experience only to see the items appear elsewhere at a hefty mark up.

Also....to all who use Ingo as a store front and are not actively posting and no site support. This will be coming to an end as well. If you are just here for the classies then pony up for the site support. Or get active in the forum. Period.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    JDT74PQ.jpg

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Thanks for the bump! My role in the classifieds has always been as a buyer when I participate and am glad to know some of the more inflated stuff will disappear. My first deal was with CM. I am also very happy to know a "Plinker Purge" is coming. One of the first things I do when sizing up a purchase is read forum posts by the seller to see if they "seem" genuine. This will make it a lot easier on me.

Especially happy for the Plinker purge in the gun sales because for you guys to police gun pricing would be more difficult than say TP, but by reducing the minnows, the good fish will have a chance to get bigger.

One suggestion, and this may have come up in the past. In fact it may not be as relevant one the Plinker purge takes place, but I always wanted to call out gougers by simply posting a link where their merchandise could be bought much cheaper (with no commentary added). i know that may be a problem for INGO though because it would be cross site posting, but since INGO hasn't monetized the classifieds beyond Site Supporters (that I am aware of) it shouldn't hurt a revenue stream.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks for the bump! My role in the classifieds has always been as a buyer when I participate and am glad to know some of the more inflated stuff will disappear. My first deal was with CM. I am also very happy to know a "Plinker Purge" is coming. One of the first things I do when sizing up a purchase is read forum posts by the seller to see if they "seem" genuine. This will make it a lot easier on me.

Especially happy for the Plinker purge in the gun sales because for you guys to police gun pricing would be more difficult than say TP, but by reducing the minnows, the good fish will have a chance to get bigger.

One suggestion, and this may have come up in the past. In fact it may not be as relevant one the Plinker purge takes place, but I always wanted to call out gougers by simply posting a link where their merchandise could be bought much cheaper (with no commentary added). i know that may be a problem for INGO though because it would be cross site posting, but since INGO hasn't monetized the classifieds beyond Site Supporters (that I am aware of) it shouldn't hurt a revenue stream.

Not something we want to even consider as people will push. And it is part of the existing rules package not to call this out in open forum. The dogpile will ensue.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    True enough.

The staff is looking at the existing rules. Tex is onboard for some changes if really needed. Closing up some loop holes that people take advantage of. No NAZI roll out just bringing things up to speed.
    In looking around we have it pretty good here in Ingo. To say otherwise is a pile of :bs: and I get pretty tired of hearing it.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis

I was waiting for this to pop up!
    :laugh:

Now heres a question what guidelines or protections in in place? I was looking to list a gun recently but it rarely even shows up on gunbroker so theres not really a good place to see where market would be on this item. If i listed it too high would there be a warning or just an outright ban?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was waiting for this to pop up!
    :laugh:

Now heres a question what guidelines or protections in in place? I was looking to list a gun recently but it rarely even shows up on gunbroker so theres not really a good place to see where market would be on this item. If i listed it too high would there be a warning or just an outright ban?

I took this new rule to be gouging. Dont list a stock G19 for $600 and you'll be fine. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I took this new rule to be gouging. Dont list a stock G19 for $600 and you'll be fine. :):

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Use your best judgement. If something looks like idiotic pricing it will not be very hard to verify it with the knowledge pool available.
    Collector pieces are hard to verify at times. Again, Guidelines are not in stone and there are no protections beyond addressing each issue individually. If we close an ad for this issue then a well reasoned response between staff and member 99.9% of the time rectifies issues. Using the Rambo approach will only make it end abruptly.

Again this is not a NAZI rules roll out or an attempt to set pricing beyond members being reasonable in "THIS" forum.

Top Bottom