Primer question- can they mess with us??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    OK, so I JUST bought my first reloader. Dillon 550 off ebay. WooHoo!!:rockwoot:
    I have been reading a bunch on here about do's and don'ts and such, trying to get an education but, I have a question that was brought up to me last night.
    A friend said that the next way the illustrious Gov is going to mess with us is that primers are going to have some sort of slow acting acid in them that will render the round useless if not used in around a year or so.
    Honestly, I think that is Internet crap but.... I don't know.:dunno: BUT, I sure would like to know!!
    Since I am now getting into reloading, I can prep for such abuses from the dirtbags at the top if I can find out in time.
    Anybody know?
    Any other suggestions?
    Thanx a bunch!!!
    Chaz

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The way you've heard it is a bunch of hooey.

But there IS an air of legitimacy to it. Evidently, the newer lead free ammo has a priming compound that does/did break down within a few years - rendering that ammo useless for anything but components.

I've also recently learned that this may very well have changed after manufacturers realized what would happen. However, I've yet to read anything in print (other than a fellow INGO poster...I think it was broom_jm???) that references this industry "fix".

-J-

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    Hmmmm..... I believe it is hucky puck as well but, I hope to hear some more on it. I guess it is worth keeping an ear open for.
    Thanx for the input guys!
    Chaz

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    First heard this one in about 1994. Start of the Clinton crime bill. Was horse poop then as now. But it did cause a shortage of primers back then too.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am sure as the US currency continues to go down in value, and likely will take a big hit in January, things will get more expensive. Anything you buy now is like money in the bank. I normally order a years supply in the early spring, but I decided to buy now, just to stay ahead of the game. Good Luck

Top Bottom