• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    How do I get the sucker out? It's sideways and a gentle push from the plastic rod won't budge it.

I don't want to bang on it and cause a kaboom. Do I have to throw it away and just get another?

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Primer stuck..

How do I get the sucker out? It's sideways and a gentle push from the plastic rod won't budge it.

I don't want to bang on it and cause a kaboom. Do I have to throw it away and just get another?
    Do not know how stuck on yours-but-when it happened to me, I used a very small diameter dowel rod to push it back/straighten it out. These small diameter wood dowel rods are sold at craft shops+are sometimes used to hold wedding cake layers together. A steady push is the key with whatever you get to fit==no hitting!!:draw:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Hmm. Another tube isn't expensive, maybe I'll just buy another.

That being said, is there any easier way to pick up primers?

laserbudd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Anderson
    Try soaking the stuck primer overnight with WD-40. I heard that the WD-40 will de-activate the primer and then you might be able to use a small dowel rod to force it out.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I wouldn't worry about putting too much pressure on a sideways primer. It'd be the sharp blows that concerned me.

Just in case, I'd grip it in such as way that my hand wasn't over the area in which it was lodged and I'd be wearing some quality eye protection ;)

Not to mention calling dillon 8)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I wouldn't worry about putting too much pressure on a sideways primer. It'd be the sharp blows that concerned me.

Yep. I've had primers load upside down in the pocket and removed them VERY slowly with a sizing die. It takes a bit of force to bend their metal and the strike has to be dead on to set them off. I'd think anything that could fit down the tube would do.

Or, if it bothers you, toss it and get a new one.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Try soaking the stuck primer overnight with WD-40. I heard that the WD-40 will de-activate the primer and then you might be able to use a small dowel rod to force it out.

^^this or motor oil, etc. Dillon will send you another tube too. I had that problem the other day, federal LP primers...had a couple that got stuck.

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Just push it out. If it won't move push harder. If that doesn't work, put on some safety glasses and use a dowel as someone stated. Point the tube away from your face and push really hard. ......it's one primer, not a 1/4 pound of C-4. :rolleyes:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Got it out with a coat hanger. I wasn't going to let one small pistol primer beat me.

It went off, but it didn't even pop. Just a bunch of yellow everywhere.

Top Bottom