• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NumberCruncher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    So being a new owner of a 9mm pistol, I'm concerned that I can't find any ammo. So I thought reloading may be a way around the problem, but in doing a little research, it looks like primers are as hard to come by as normal ammo. So I'm in the same boat. ??

Am I wrong in that assessment, or will primers become more available soon (or sooner than factory ammo)?

I've only got 100 rounds and I'm afraid to shoot it.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Put yourself on backorders or alerts for when primers come in. Also check around, they are available. Profire (a site supporter here and really great folks) have primers in stock.

The good news is that primers are cheap and when they are available then 5k of them will keep most people shooting for quite some time.

Unlike factory ammo where you have to take what you can get, reloading allows you to customize your ammunition for what you want to do.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    problem is that many places won't let you buy 5K of them in one shot like I used to do.

Some places, like those around me, limit you to only a few hundred which is ridiculous and not worth the trip.

However since Profire lets me get a whole Brick/1000 at a shot, and no doubt will have other things I desire, a trip there may just be on my list once I get paid (this Wednesday as a matter of fact), in fact it is on my list for certain. It sounds like a great place, they support INGO (which I will also do come payday), and the owner seems like a pretty good guy from the way he posts so I look forward to meting him and seeing the place. I guess it is a bit of a haul from Terre Haute, what? maybe a couple of hours? But what the heck? Time I have by the bucket load. :D

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    We have primers in stock! :D

yes you do and you are a pretty good trip for me. I also note you limit things as well though you have a saner limit than a few hundred primers a day. ;)

I going to come by on Wednesday to get some from Terre Haute since I want to see the place.
    I am waiting until then because until then, I am broke. :( After payday though, :spend:

maybe that's why I'm always broke? :dunno:

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    yes you do and you are a pretty good trip for me. I also note you limit things as well though you have a saner limit than a few hundred primers a day. ;)

I going to come by on Wednesday to get some from Terre Haute since I want to see the place.
    I am waiting until then because until then, I am broke. :( After payday though, :spend:

maybe that's why I'm always broke? :dunno:

We are limiting them so ppl who really need then can load and they don't end up on gun broker :D

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Profire's limit of 1,000 per type, per customer, per visit is reasonable considering the current supply. It spreads the available supply around the community. A smaller limit would require me to make several trips before taking the cover off the press.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Sounds like maybe I will be making a trip down to visit you at Profire (finally) while I am off work. Have to do an inventory of what I still have on hand, and get my wish list together before I come down.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I'm seeing the same thing everywhere, Large Rifle and Large Pistol aren't bad, Small Rifle is harder to find, and I haven't found anywhere locally that has Small Pistol...

Might need to head up to Profire soon.

Top Bottom