• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    A group of used to do a period camp down on Salt River in Kentucky.....It's fun doing that kind of stuff...

Funny story....

One time in the late 90's I did a period solo hunt near the Muscatatuck River...As often happens I got lost...I knew where the general direction of the gravel road was so I began trekking that way...As I was stumbling out of the woods a young couple were driving by in there jeep with the top down......

It was at this moment that I decided to **** with them......

I stared wide eyed at them and made the sign of the cross then shouted at them with a hint of a brogue.....

"Who are yee??? Whar am I??????"

I then began to stumble and run back in to the woods asking God for forgiveness and to protect me from these devils.....

lo11.jpg

Thanks for sharing.....We have some land in Perry County with quite a few Indian Rockshelters on it and a bunch of squirrels....I have considered doing one there and may contact you if I decide to do so...

I have the largest blanket wildeweavery (C.J. Wilde) ever made...It's kept me warm on these hunts down to 15 degrees.....I just roll up in it like a burrito...

Last edited:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Funny story....

One time in the late 90's I did a period solo hunt near the Muscatatuck River...As often happens I got lost...I knew where the general direction of the gravel road was so I began trekking that way...As I was stumbling out of the woods a young couple were driving by in there jeep with the top down......

It was at this moment that I decided to **** with them......

I stared wide eyed at them and made the sign of the cross then shouted at them with a hint of a brogue.....

"Who are yee??? Whar am I??????"

I then began to stumble and run back in to the woods asking God for forgiveness and to protect me from these devils.....

lo11.jpg

Wonderful story! Thanks for the belly laugh this morning. :yesway:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    That's a period hunt but you need to wear a skinny tie, a member's only jacket, a mullet, and listen to Duran Duran on the way to your hunt...:)

haha!
    But probably more like my Steve Alford t-shirt, Reebok pumps, 80s afro, and listen to Jerry, David Grisman, Peter Rowan, Vassar Clements on the way to the hunt...:)

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I was gonna ask "How can you tell the difference between a primitive squirrel and a modern squirrel?" But the hunters were primitive.

[video=youtube;OjYoNL4g5Vg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjYoNL4g5Vg[/video]

Top Bottom