Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You can't be pointed to the law.
    The law states that which is illegal.
    Since it is legal, there is no law to point you to.

But there is this from Indiana .gov
    https://faqs.in.gov/hc/en-us/articl...on-my-person-in-a-concealed-or-exposed-manner-
    Does Indiana law require me to carry my handgun on my person in a concealed or exposed manner?
    • 2 days ago
    • Updated

Follow Indiana law is silent on this issue; however, carrying an exposed firearm in public may be alarming to some people and create unnecessary and unwanted attention to yourself. Your right to carry a firearm may also be restricted on private property, various sporting venues, and some businesses by the owners. Be attentive for posted signs warning of restricted areas when carrying a firearm into public places. If approached by a law enforcement officer for official business purposes, it is recommended that you tell the officer in a non-threatening manner that you are in possession of a firearm and that you have a permit.
    For more information on this topic visit ISP Firearms Licensing or contact us at FirearmsQuestions@isp.IN.gov

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I mostly CC IWB, but sometimes not, when I do OWB I usually cover up so very little shows, and I do not want a threat to know, but I really do not care what others think.
    I worry about me and what I think.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You can't be pointed to the law.
    The law states that which is illegal.
    Since it is legal, there is no law to point you to.

But there is this from Indiana .gov
    https://faqs.in.gov/hc/en-us/articl...on-my-person-in-a-concealed-or-exposed-manner-
    Does Indiana law require me to carry my handgun on my person in a concealed or exposed manner?
    • 2 days ago
    • Updated

Follow Indiana law is silent on this issue; however, carrying an exposed firearm in public may be alarming to some people and create unnecessary and unwanted attention to yourself. Your right to carry a firearm may also be restricted on private property, various sporting venues, and some businesses by the owners. Be attentive for posted signs warning of restricted areas when carrying a firearm into public places. If approached by a law enforcement officer for official business purposes, it is recommended that you tell the officer in a non-threatening manner that you are in possession of a firearm and that you have a permit.
    For more information on this topic visit ISP Firearms Licensing or contact us at FirearmsQuestions@isp.IN.gov

Thanks Act. Lets break this down:

Indiana law is silent on this issue; (It's legal)

however, carrying an exposed firearm in public may be alarming to some people and create unnecessary and unwanted attention to yourself. (Just ask the uniformed LEOs who have to deal with woke-idiots at Starbucks or Outback. We are grown-ups and we live with the choices we make. Weigh the pros and cons, press on with life. Most people are oblivious to everything not on their phone...)

Your right to carry a firearm may also be restricted on private property, various sporting venues, and some businesses by the owners. (On my private property restrictions only apply to my mother in-law)

Be attentive for posted signs warning of restricted areas when carrying a firearm into public places. (There's public, then there's public. Those of us who carry firearms have to know it better than anyone else.)

If approached by a law enforcement officer for official business purposes, it is recommended that you tell the officer in a non-threatening manner that you are in possession of a firearm and that you have a permit. (Be polite, be professional, know the law. Do not unholster your weapon and wave it around. Don't yell, don't make the rest of us look bad.)

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    We should probably define the term "Printing".

ad7XfQy.jpg

That gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "Blow it out your a**"

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Indiana law says carry, not how to.

Duct taped to forehead, off body, on body, having gun bearer carry it, out in the open or hidden. Indiana only cares that you have purchased a license.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Indiana law says carry, not how to.

Duct taped to forehead, off body, on body, having gun bearer carry it, out in the open or hidden. Indiana only cares that you have purchased a license.

ConC is coming back up in 2021, are we putting the band back together?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I carried open in my younger cocky days. As I got older my thinking has changed to what they don't know doesn't hurt them. So its IWB now days and covered by my shirt.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    First question: Do you have an Indiana LTCH (License To Carry Handgun)?

of course

You have a license to carry a handgun.
    It's not a concealed carry permit.
    As others have said. Carry however you choose.
    I partake in both, pending on where I'm going.

Indiana's License to Carry a Handgun is a license to carry, it does not required that one carry it in a concealed manner such that one cannot even tell whether one has one by visibly seeing it or the outline (aka, 'print' through clothing) so you should be good however you choose to carry your weapon.
    Personally, I prefer to carry concealed as I don't wish to share with others that I am carrying so as to simply avoid the nuances if someone takes objection to it...I prefer to live a peaceful life!

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I feel avoiding the 3 Print Jobs is best. Butt Printing as scabbard is too far from body. Muzzle print which attachment is ill fitted and pulling frame in and muzzle away for a reverse angle. Whole gun/holster print when wobbly scabbard has the jiggles. All should be avoided and confident carry means gun is secure without the need to put hand on weapon when running or falling down. Carry Strong, Deep, Secure and Responsibly.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If approached by a law enforcement officer for [official business purposes, it is recommended that you tell the officer in a non-threatening manner that you are in possession of a firearm and that you have a permit. (Be polite, be professional, know the law. Do not unholster your weapon and wave it around. Don't yell, don't make the rest of us look bad.)

giphy.gif

I feel avoiding the 3 Print Jobs is best.

There's a certain INGO'er who would strongly disagree. ;)

TacOpsGuy320

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Greenfield
    I only carry owb when I have a shirt that will go over the gun. Depends on where I’m going. Most of the time I have a g43 iwb. Carry how you’re most comfortable.

Roadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2019
    Nashville
    I carry a 642 in a leather sleeve in my front pocket most of the time. It would appear to be a cellphone. It has never drawn any attention. I am less into working about what others think and more interested in gaining an edge that could come in handy.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I generally just wear a lose fitting light safari jacket and a fedora...no one seems to notice the S&W N frame in an IN Jones flap holster; they are generally looking for the whip. You know what a careful fellow I am. (not kidding about the outfit)

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Idiot here.. what is printing!?

I didn't think you were an idiot till you "PRINTED it".
    Printing is when someone has a weapon in their clothes and you can tell because you can see the outline of it by the way it pushes its shape through the fabric. That shape showing through is called "PRINTING". Like when a lady wears a tight yellow shirt and you can see nipples. Now, that's printing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom