• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    I am very green to the world of carrying. But as far as printing goes, so what if I do a little bit in certain clothes? In a state where we may OC if we so choose, is printing some kind of taboo grey area?

If I lived in or visited another state with stricter guidelines my dress would reflect that. But is there anything wrong with being comfortable in the way I carry, knowing I may be printing? No one has screamed and dove under a table when they saw me coming yet, at least not for printing reasons.

What's wrong with a little grey area? The majority of the public are oblivious, and even if a few may notice I don't know that I care because I'm not doing anything wrong. It's not quite OC, it's not exactly CC. I consider it carrying modestly. :D

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I both OC & CC depending more on what I'm wearing than anything else. I really don't care if someone knows I'm carrying so I don't worry if I'm printing. No grey area here. Just my :twocents:

mhodge87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Goshen
    Although I try to prevent printing, I don't usually get to concerned if I print. It's been my perception that unless you are printing pretty badly, people don't seem to notice.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Do what makes you comfortable. If anyone else doesn't like it, they aren't obligated to look at you or your Glock!

The other thing is that most people are oblivious anyway, so if it isn't seriously obvious, most of the sheep won't do any bleating (assuming that this makes any difference to you). Just keep being the awesome person you are, do what works for you, as is your right, conflicting opinions notwithstanding, and everything will work out just fine.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Wear what you want man. I just recently started carrying, but I do both. I'm not concerned if I'm printing. If you're good with it, go for it.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    How you carry yourself is what matters. I realized I was printing a few weeks back when I noticed a trooper nudge his pardner and point at my hip area. His pardner nodded and after watching my actiivities for a few moments, lost interest since I was behaving normally and not acting nervous, nor like I was hiding anything. Same with civilians.
    I don't worry when I see others printing either. I just observe for a few moments to ascertain their activities. Acting normal? No issue.
    You get a feel for it eventually.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I was out last weekend and saw a heavy set gentleman with his semi-auto (looked like an XD) and holster peeking out from under his sweatshirt. He was a big guy and the sweatshirt was already tight so the outline of the firearm was clearly visible in addition to the muzzle (he was seated on a bar stool). Even so, it seemed like nobody noticed or cared. It wasn't exactly brightly lit in the restaurant anyway. I think people have to really be looking for it to notice.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    In some states, printing is actually illegal.
    Here in Indiana, no big deal.
    Most people won't notice anyway.
    Most people don't notice when I'm OCing.

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    I was having a gun conversation with the roommate last week while carrying. My roommate is not anti-gun or anti-carry, just doesn't understand why someone would want carry all the time (I am working on convincing otherwise). They don't care that I carry, or that many of my friends do, but I am sure they don't realize how often I am actually carrying. During our converstation as the roommate was saying they don't see the need to carry I was standing in the doorway 100% positive I was printing enough for them to notice and nothing...as the roommate was talking about my friend that they know carry all the time.

Point being, and I'm still learning this as well as I'm newer to carrying daily too, is people are oblivious. The only people that notice when you are printing are other gun people...those that know what to look for. Those folks don't care, the probably appreciate that people other then themselves have guns in that location. I am pretty sure no one really notices, or cares, if you have a gun, especially if you make any attempt to cover it up. I have OC'ed, and have friends that regularly OC, and have only had a very few instances where anyone has even mentioned anything about it. Most instances were positive. People in Indiana (midwest in general, Il excluded), I feel, don't really care either way.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    And I would know this how? Besides "man" is an expression.....which brings another expression to mind...."If you don't have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all."

So then, it's okay for you if I say to you, "you go girl" ? ;)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I look for people printing so if the SHTF, I know who is (should be) on my side OR who to watch even closer. Sometimes I'll not conceal 100% just for that reason.

Never A Victim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Hamilton County
    I've always found that the general public is lucky to keep track of what they are doing, much less if you are printing. I don't care if I print when I lean over or reach out to pick something up. My rule is, as long as I don't print while standing normally, then im good to go. If im printing while standing up, my shirt is probably too tight, and I would have issues getting a good draw.

Top Bottom