• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Were the Cleveland PD required to have a vendor's license?

lol.gif

Off course not! Remember all animals are created equal, some animals are more equal than others. :rolleyes:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Obama campaign advisers? Probably. Most gun buyback operations only get the bottom of the barrel non-funtioning guns anyway. I doubt any were involved in crimes or actually on the street. Also, most of the items given in return are probably donated or a tax write-off. It is a feel good for cops and prosecuters but really doesn't keep us any safer.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sounds like Cleveland has some fine LEO's there :rolleyes: Do the police really think these are good things? Do they work at them voluntarily or is it a tasking?

Police? No. Bureaucrats who run the city? Yes.

My guess is they're paid OT, just like DD checkpoints.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I am not sure of the laws there or here concerning vendors,
    but aren't vendors typically selling something vs buying something?

Mostly - that's how profits are derived. But, you got to get something to sell something...

I suppose when the BATFE comes around, you say, "What guns? All I have is pile of ground up metal and slag..."

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    They gave $100 a gun! I would have got a bunch of crappy little Jennings pistol and cashed in! Collect cheap crap all year and then head out to the buy back!

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    They gave $100 a gun! I would have got a bunch of crappy little Jennings pistol and cashed in! Collect cheap crap all year and then head out to the buy back!

No the article stated the police gave gift certificates and other items like "tickets" (hopefully not the kind that dont require you to pay the state for). The "private collectors" as described in a negative conotation in the article were offering 100 cash. The comments in the article were a good read, I'm suprised the publishers of the article didn't just disable comments because the comments showed the article as an ineffective anti-gun BS, piece of crap that it was.

Top Bottom