• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Closing paragraph was a good quote. Basically the media gives a blueprint for how people can get more attention.

Bogan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    The anti-human-rights cult has tried to claim that CHP holders are a danger to society and that armed
    citizens never stop the bad guys. But now the FBI, the same government agency that the antis look to in
    helping disarm us, says we do a pretty good job when faced with a crisis.

Private Citizens stop 16% of mass shootings

You've misunderstood the data in that misleading title.

3 out of 84 cases (3.6%) in the study involved people at the scene shooting the perpetrator to end the attack.
    14 out of 84 cases (16.7%) involved people at the scene physically subduing the attacker.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Would you prefer instead, if I had posted: Do Armed Civilians Stop Mass Shooter? Actually, No., and other such nonsense?

I could pick those apart pretty easily. Let me some it up this way. The reason why you do not see more people using guns is because not many people actually carry guns. Couple that with the fact that active shooters often target gun free zones and the chances of somebody there intervening is rather low.

cooltools

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Every month I read Armed Citizen which tells stories of a bad guy with a gun who is stopped by a good guy with a gun.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I could pick those apart pretty easily. Let me some it up this way. The reason why you do not see more people using guns is because not many people actually carry guns. Couple that with the fact that active shooters often target gun free zones and the chances of somebody there intervening is rather low.

IIRC, there are about 5 million people in In., and around 300-500,000 LTCH..... so around 10% of pop.....

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    IIRC, there are about 5 million people in In., and around 300-500,000 LTCH..... so around 10% of pop.....

Yes we have a lot of license holder. But not that many people actually carry a gun regularly. INGO is not exactly a representative cross section of the population as a whole.

danil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Mishawaka
    Interesting read; surprised there aren't hundreds if not thousands of incidents to draw from; would like to know the definition of "mass" shootings..... but limit such a report to "mass" shootings? Is there another report of single or multiple shootings that are civilian stopped just short of "mass"?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom