• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    None that I'm aware of. So long as the exchange is between two citizens of Indiana, You meet, exchange $ for guns, and all is well. As has been stated many times here... there is NO registration of guns in the state. As such, so long as you are not aware that the person is prohibited from buying guns, you may sell to them. You don't need an FFL or anyone else to "bless" the deal.

Important caveat - if you do a deal between people across state lines - it becomes a whole 'nother kettle of fish. Then ou typically need to get an FFL involved.

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Sounds too easy, but i'm taking you guy's word for it. I did some browsing in the buy/sell/trade forum and there were a couple of cases where the seller asked for the buyer for both ID and LTCH, which i thought was a good idea. I would think the biggest concern would be for ATF records still showing the gun(s) to be owned by person A, no matter who owns the gun from thereon. So person B, buys from A, but then sells to C who gives it to D and it gets lifted by E who then commits a felony with it. The perpetrator is never taken into custody however the gun is recovered and is traced to being owned by A. Where does the buck stop?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Please advise what ATF records show that an individual owns a particular firearm?
    I'm not sure i understand your question but my thinking was that when a firearm is purchased and the 4473 has been filed the record is kept on file by the ATF. Could be that i'm ignorant of this but my question was how to "undo" the record or are you saying there is no record in the first place?

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I'm not sure i understand your question but my thinking was that when a firearm is purchased and the 4473 has been filed the record is kept on file by the ATF. Could be that i'm ignorant of this but my question was how to "undo" the record or are you saying there is no record in the first place?

The other posters answered this question. My thanks to them.

But beyond that, I hope you do not find it acceptable that a government agency is monitoring your ownership of a completely legal product protected by the Constitution of the United States.

"They" can KMA and stuff their regs where the sun does not shine.

Since I have absolutely no Mens Rea, they can go pound sand....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom