Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    If you have a desire for some training, but are not ready or willing to do it in a class setting we do offer and actually do a fair amount of private instruction.

Anything we offer as a class can be done in a small group of your choosing on one on one.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Private Instruction

Any course or training we offer can be done through private instruction. Some people prefer this method and we are happy to go this route. Just get in touch with us and let us know your needs.

From Tripp11:
    First of all, I grew up in a small, rural town and .22 plinked a bit as a teenager; however, I haven't fired a handgun with any regularity in over 15 years. So, based on some extensive research on these boards, I elected to try out Adaptive Consulting & Training (ACT) and made contact with Aron Bright (aka Coach).

From the first point of email contact, Aron was polite, professional and he wanted to know about my background so he could advise me better on which ACT class to take or if one on one training would be preferred. I picked some one on one training, and Aron tailored a 3 hour class specific to my needs and ability....sort of a blend between ACT's Basic Pistol class and their Intermediate Pistol class.

I met Aron today at Atlanta Conservation Club where we started indoors and went over the basics (SAFETY, grip, stance, sight picture, drills, etc...). At all times, Aron was patient and listened to my questions and gave me insightful answers. We worked on dry fire drills and he monitored my technique offering tips when needed. Most importantly, Aron made me feel comfortable and talked to me on my level rather than talking down to me as some instructors might tend to do.

Out at the range, the 45-minute indoor session really laid the foundation for a solid, live fire run where I progressively got more comfortable, proficient and confident. When my shots weren't as accurate as they needed to be, he would give me insight on what to do differently (it was almost always me focusing on the target instead of the front sight at the tail end of a run). The next run would be better after his advice was put into place.

We ended our session by doing some strong hand and weak hand shooting, and weak hand shooting is a serious flaw in my ability. I'm betting almost every INGO'r out there needs to practice more weak hand drills than they are currently doing, and it was really eye opening to see how poorly I shot firing with that weak hand. Sure, it's probably not "cool" to shoot like a blind man at the range, but my weak hand needs work and that work will only come with me practicing something that makes me feel uncomfortable.

Today was a positive experience and I'm a better shooter because of it. More one on one training will definitely be scheduled with Aron, and I'm also going to enroll in group ACT classes. I'm also going to check out some USPSA events.

There's just something about the "ping, ping, ping, ping" sound of rounds connecting with steel plates....:rockwoot:

Kudos to the guys over at ACT! :yesway:

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I would also be interested in taking a class in a one on one session. although I am not sure class I should take

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I would also be interested in taking a class in a one on one session. although I am not sure class I should take

PM or email me your thoughts and your level of experience and I will make a suggestion. This coming Sunday is a four hour IP 101 that would be a great entry level, and provide you with first hand knowledge of how we roll.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I will be on Spring Break from March 26 - April 4. This means if folks have time in the middle of the week I will be available as well. We could schedule something in that time frame.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Information

When contacting any of us about private instruction it is very helpful if you can give a short overview of what you want to do and what your experience level is. Email is the easiest and best way to do it, but PM will be fine as well.

It seems like I have 25 email/pm conversations going at once and all the time. I try to keep it all straight but screen names and real names also can cause confusion so the more info the better.

I try to return messages the same day or the next day but that is not always possible.:ingo:

hschmidt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    All,

this comes highly recommended - i first had a private session with coach and rhino (aron and joseph) - and that was extremely helpful for me - i then took their defensive pistol class 101 (john) which was a completely different (and great) experience and i learned many things there that i definetely need to do better so i will be going back for some private sessions to get the "bugs" out..

they are a great team - try and enjoy

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks for the positive feedback, Henrik. I'm glad your time with us has been a good experience for you. I'm looking forward to working with you in the future.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I am now on summer vacation and private instruction time is much more available and flexible on this end of things. If you are close to Greencastle at all I am available most evenings and I have a range that is available if I am.

Jim W.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Brownsburg area
    When I go to your web site I don't see any list of planned training. Am I looking at the wrong place? I live on the west side of Indy and can make it to Greencastle easy. Do you prefer specific handguns for the training? I carry a small Beretta 3032 and would like my training to be with this gun.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Private Instruction

When I go to your web site I don't see any list of planned training. Am I looking at the wrong place? I live on the west side of Indy and can make it to Greencastle easy. Do you prefer specific handguns for the training? I carry a small Beretta 3032 and would like my training to be with this gun.

Just send me an email with the type of training, defensive, competition that you want to do and some dates and we will work out when to do it. We do not require a certain type of handgun. Evenings through the week are good right now. My next three weekends are booked.

Top Bottom