Private purchase of long gun in Missouri by Indiana resident legal?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kg9aq

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Evansville
    I wish to buy a rifle from my son-in-law in Missouri and bring it to Indiana but after spending all morning going through confusing, chopped up, enumerated paragraphs of giberish in the Indiana and Missouri code I can not find what I need to know.

Is it legal to make a private purchase of a long gun in Missouri and bring it to Indiana without going through an FFL?

Thank you for your help.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Just have him ship it to a dealer that will accept from an individual. He can mail it right from USPS. The hardest part of the transaction is usually finding a box to ship it in :)

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Just have him ship it to a dealer that will accept from an individual. He can mail it right from USPS. The hardest part of the transaction is usually finding a box to ship it in :)

This is the best approach to stay out of trouble. Transfer fee should not be more than $25-30.

kg9aq

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Evansville
    Thanks for the replys and the info. I have removed my head from my backsides and called a local FFL dealer and I can go through him and make everything legal. Will have and FFL in MO send it to the FFL here and do the transfer to my name and all the other stuff. Thank you again.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The hardest part of the transaction is usually finding a box to ship it in :)

Yep, this is a problem. I have bought moving boxes (lamp boxes) from U-Haul and cut them in half, seems to work OK. Why doesn't someone offer a gun shipping box? With all the gun transactions going on these days, you would think some ambitious entrepeneur see an opportunity here.

Top Bottom