• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Got this from a big box store firearm department manager:
    Purchases are also being made using bogus Indiana non-driver ID cards. Was told this has been occurring along the I-65 corridor for some distance south of Chiraqland at big box, discount and department chain stores near the Interstate. I'm guessing it's easier to come up with a bogus non-driver ID card than a driver's license. Wouldn't surprise me if most (if not all) of them were obtained or issued fraudulently from a BMV branch. Forging a D/L or ID card is possible but it would require some sophisticated means to fabricate it.

John

I have clients that tell me that Indiana ID cards are $75-$150 in Chicago. Considering that passports are forged there, an ID card is easier.

Heck, I know that there is a high volume gun store in Indianapolis that stopped taking ID cards because gang bangers were buying guns and driving up to Chiraq to do hits.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Got this from a big box store firearm department manager:
    Purchases are also being made using bogus Indiana non-driver ID cards. Was told this has been occurring along the I-65 corridor for some distance south of Chiraqland at big box, discount and department chain stores near the Interstate. I'm guessing it's easier to come up with a bogus non-driver ID card than a driver's license. Wouldn't surprise me if most (if not all) of them were obtained or issued fraudulently from a BMV branch. Forging a D/L or ID card is possible but it would require some sophisticated means to fabricate it.

John

Or just hit the gun shows and buy guns. You see the field agents of the BGDs and Black Knights working shows.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Is it legal to buy or sell a long gun across state lines without an official FFL transfer? Im in Indiana as the buyer and the seller is in MI.

For a private sale, no to either a rifle or handgun. Any firearm crossing state lines in the process of changing ownership must go through an FFL. There are absolutely no exceptions on this(not if you want to stay out of jail.)

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I have clients that tell me that Indiana ID cards are $75-$150 in Chicago. Considering that passports are forged there, an ID card is easier.

Heck, I know that there is a high volume gun store in Indianapolis that stopped taking ID cards because gang bangers were buying guns and driving up to Chiraq to do hits.

One of the things he told me was their store very near I-65 would not take ID cards. Had to be a D/L.

John

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    For a private sale, no to either a rifle or handgun. Any firearm crossing state lines in the process of changing ownership must go through an FFL. There are absolutely no exceptions on this(not if you want to stay out of jail.)

Are modern muzzleloading and antique firearm firing other than metallic cartridge made prior to 1898 not still exempt?

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member