• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROOTS54454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2024
    Where would be best to find private sales outside of uncle Bob and INGO? Do gun shows have people selling with their FFL or is it private sales?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    First: consider being a site supporter.

Second: at gun shows you can't walk 16 feet without seeing someone with a sign sticking out of the barrel of a rifle or a sign on their backpack. Lots of private sales happening lots of ffl dealers around.

Third: did you know that if you push your finger way down into your belly button, your ears with pop?

ROOTS54454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2024
    First: consider being a site supporter.

Second: at gun shows you can't walk 16 feet without seeing someone with a sign sticking out of the barrel of a rifle or a sign on their backpack. Lots of private sales happening lots of ffl dealers around.

Third: did you know that if you push your finger way down into your belly button, your ears with pop?
    Thanks for the input about the belly button lol. I’m just trying to get a pistol to conceal carry (I’m 18) and just trying to find the safest and best place to purchase from since I can’t goto a FFL (I’ve never been to a gun show but I want to) I’m def considering becoming a site supporter since I want to purchase soon but also I just enjoy the community.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    You can also try Armslist for private sales. I've bought/sold/traded several pistols and rifles without any problems but there are people out there that have no morals and will rip you off if given the chance. Meet in public places with camera surveillance or the local PD (let them know beforehand).

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Where would be best to find private sales outside of uncle Bob and INGO? Do gun shows have people selling with their FFL or is it private sales?
    Most of the tables covered with handguns at gun shows are dealers (AKA FFLs.) @fullmetaljesus referred to individuals at gun shows with firearms for sale who are attending the show (not a vendor.)

Looking at you ZIP I'd say keep an eye out for a show at the Salem Guard Armory. Orleans is a bit farther drive but gets mentioned in the link below. Starlight would be closer than both of those I'm thinking.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Welcome, youngster. Exercise your good judgement, moral character, and emotional restraint and eventually someone here might sell you a handgun. Might even offer you a place to shoot or some friendly training. Seems you're off to a reasonable start so far. ;) :patriot:
    Exactly this, the INGO community is like none other.

Stick around, participate, and learn a ton (about everything - not just guns)!

Do a FTF deal in a public place as said above and you'll be fine.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Yes, that is the Monday answer from the ATF but what about tomorrows answer?

Knowing the ATF like I do, what is to keep them from saying you "should" have bought from an FFL but didn't and now you illegally possess a handgun? Asking for a friend...

ROOTS54454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2024

Knowing the ATF like I do, what is to keep them from saying you "should" have bought from an FFL but didn't and now you illegally possess a handgun? Asking for a friend...
    Well I mean Indiana state law is 18 and that ruling by a federal judge recently happened saying 18-20 year olds not being able to purchase handguns is unconstitutional so I guess we’ll see how that plays out. I think that decision was made and now the case is on hold or something .

Last edited:

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Well I mean Indiana state law is 18 and that ruling by a federal recently happened saying 18-20 year olds not being able to purchase handguns is unconstitutional so I guess we’ll see how that plays out. I think that decision was made and now the case is on hold or something .
    Do not underestimate the power of weak minded people in places of authority.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Unpopular opinion - stay away from Armslist at your age. Having experience with listings there, I can mostly tell what's legit and what's going to be a robbery in progress. It's difficult sometimes but you get a feeling by language, cost, etc.

INGO is a safe place since we all have accountability here. Buying a handgun in a private sale is totally legit at 18 in Indiana, so just check out the classifieds and find something you like. Make sure you mention your age when communicating with potential sellers. Some of us don't mind, it IS legal, but others might have reservations.

Most important, pay the $20 (corrected) and get a Site Supporter badge. It shows potential sellers that you're invested in the site and will give you added credence. Might even change some old codger's mind to sell you a pistol. :-)

Good luck and welcome to INGO.

Last edited:

ROOTS54454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2024
    Unpopular opinion - stay away from Armslist at your age. Having experience with listings there, I can mostly tell what's legit and what's going to be a robbery in progress. It's difficult sometimes but you get a feeling by language, cost, etc.

INGO is a safe place since we all have accountability here. Buying a handgun in a private sale is totally legit at 18 in Indiana, so just check out the classifieds and find something you like. Make sure you mention your age when communicating with potential sellers. Some of us don't mind, it IS legal, but others might have reservations.

Most important, pay the $25 and get a Site Supporter badge. It shows potential sellers that you're invested in the site and will give you added credence. Might even change some old codger's mind to sell you a pistol. :-)

Good luck and welcome to INGO.
    Thanks for the welcome definitely gonna become a site supporter as soon as I get my LTCH just waiting to do my fingerprints

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Also - I've never understood Indiana law that allows you to buy a pistol in a 7-11 parking lot but not from a dealer. You get your LTCH at 18 but can't buy a handgun (or ammo for that matter) until you're 21. Back asswards if you ask me.

And... get your LTCH before you buy a handgun in the classifieds. You can prove to a seller that you're legit. Some members won't even sell something without seeing the pink card first.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

If you're going to go down that route, why not make it apply to ALL private sales?

ROOTS54454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2024
    Also - I've never understood Indiana law that allows you to buy a pistol in a 7-11 parking lot but not from a dealer. You get your LTCH at 18 but can't buy a handgun (or ammo for that matter) until you're 21. Back asswards if you ask me.
    Honestly just putting people in situations that could end bad (also I’ve learned from people on the site you can buy handgun ammo as long as you “intend” on using it in a rifle)

Top Bottom