• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    What's the difference between Patron and Benefactor?

If you go by the normal "donations", about $1500

I've signed up three of my nephews under the "Legacy-Life" program ($300 Life memberships). One has been an NRA Life member since he was 28 days old!

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I joined in 1972. Became a lifer in 85, then in Slick Willy's days I upgraded to Endowment. I believe that the only reason we still have a 2a is because of the NRA.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I believe that the only reason we still have a 2a is because of the NRA.

This statement could be argued very convincingly and is the main reason I encourage my students/guests to join the NRA.

It could also be argued, conviincingly, that the NRA is the most powerful lobby in the nation. If not, certainly, the NRA is one of the most powerful lobbies. If that changes (which I doubt), we will be in an unsustainable position.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've been a member for probably 12-15 years now. I joined for many of the same reasons listed above. I've looked at the GOA but they appeared to be more about marketing--somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I'm going to look into Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association too.

I've thought about getting in on that life-time deal, but as usual, I've probably procrastinated for too long.

Newg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Westside of Indy.
    What are these things that you do not agree with?

And what concessions are those?

They have made questionable decisions on gun legislation as far back as the National Firearms Act of 1934. They supported it. Most recently, they supported H.R. 2640: NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007. AKA, The Veterans Disarmament Act. I know that you're an educated man. A simple Google search will uncover other cases of poor decision making by the NRA.

Like I said, I'm a life member and I believe they do a lot to protect our rights. But there is no denying they haven't always made the right decisions.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    I decided I'll become an NRA Life Member. I'll buy it with Uncle Sam's tax refund he owns me. Is there a more American way to spend your tax refund? Didn't think so! :D

Thank you everyone for your help and advice!

Gulley

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I've been a life member since before Charlton Heston.. They have their quirks but all in all probably still the most powerful Pro-gun lobbying group.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Top Bottom