• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    What is up knifers of INGO, I recently developed a desire to try a Microtech knife out. I was thinking OTF auto when I began my search but came accross a model they make called the Select Fire available in both manual and auto. (I already have communicated with Brad) and he doesnt stock that knife as I believe it is an older model.

I was digging the entire look of the Select Fire by Microtech. The blade style is great and the handle is definately my style of ergonomic.

Well I have been paying alot of attention to these Pro-Tech knives recently and as far as value they seem to have Microtech beat down. I really like their Emerson CQC7 colab and their TR4 model. I would prefer an auto but am open to a manual. Yes i know IN law and will not ever EDC an auto ;)

What do you think? Is Microtech the real deal and Pro-Tech just a wanna be? Are Pro-Tech knives awesome :dunno:

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Avail

In case Brads not already composing a reply, Does he stock Protech? Ive actually heard Microtech has crappy cust service. Im open minded that this could be false, but regardless the only info I have seen on their cust service was negative. Like they charge $15 for warranty repairs. At the price of the knives the $15 for a warranty issue is just ugly. I could be wrong but I read it on the internet so it must be true!

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Brad is at the Crown Point show right now. Brad can let you know how customer service has treated him since he deals with them not me.

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    You all understand autos are illegal..!! That said ,, Protech knives are really nice knives. Really fast , great spring. Great steel in the blades.. But Microtechs are the "Cadillac's of autos , especially OTF's.. !!

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I've carried my protech with me everyday for almost 4 years. I've never loved a knife like I love my protech, and I'm not really much of a knife guy. I have nothing but good things to say about.

Top Bottom