• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I might be off base here.........I normally am.

I would suggest the creation of a "Probation" room. When a member makes a post or posts that the Mod team decides is a bad thing or against the rules.......the kind of post they would issue an infraction or ban someone for, then that person gets put on "probation" with a new thread started in the probation room and links provided to the infractions so other members can learn from the mistakes of others. While on probation if the member continues the behavior that got them on probation then the ban hammer falls, but if they stop what they were doing then they can get removed from probation by the Mod that put them there.

This method is used on another forum I am on and it really does work well. It lets others see what the Mod's are looking for so they can stay away from those types of posts/threads. It also gives productive members a "second chance" as opposed to an outright Ban.

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm not a big fan of the idea.. There's an infraction tab in everyone's profile giving details to anything the MODs have deemed inappropriate. (Check out mine!) We should all have enough common sence here.. I don't like how this method would single people out. I think the MODs can tell right off the bat if someone's gonna be trouble. JMO

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I'm not a big fan of the idea.. There's an infraction tab in everyone's profile giving details to anything the MODs have deemed inappropriate. (Check out mine!) We should all have enough common sence here.. I don't like how this method would single people out. I think the MODs can tell right off the bat if someone's gonna be trouble. JMO

I think the infraction tab can only been seen by the infracted member. I see nothing in your profile like that.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Infractions are only seen by those infracted and the mods. So if you have been issued an infraction or a warning, no one else knows about it unless you tell them. We as moderators do not share that information with anyone. We will not make it public knowledge so I do believe this will not happen, but we certainly do appreciate your input. We are always happy to hear about ways we can improve INGO.

Top Bottom