• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I like to shoot quarters off a fence at 500 yards with my Glock 42... I am about 70% doing this. So, I totally know what you mean when you want to shoot your 43 at 100. When I shoot at 100 yards I typically will use Beretta Nano but shoot dimes from that distance... why? Because shooting at 500 or even 100 is great practice and once I get down to 25 yards its just super simple...

By the way, Ive owned over 100 Glocks, been buying them since the 80's... still have about 75 of them! Best damn gun for pure accuracy out there. Anyone telling you its not the gun clearly has never tried shooting like this.

Send the thing back to Glock letting them know its shooting off at 100 and I am sure they will make it perfect for you!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    By my math the gun would shoot about an inch to the left at 5 yards. That seems about right for a Glock and a right handed shooter. The problems with shooting 100 yards with a handgun is 1) the sights are so big they cover everything up and 2) the Bullet is dropping so it is hard figure out the holdover. That said I have seen people hit pepper poppers at 200 yards with a Glock. Just takes dropping the Bullet in like a howitzer and a little luck. I place this type of shooting in the trick category and really don’t see much practical use. 25 yards is a long shot with a defensive handgun.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    The reason for shooting 100 yards?
    Same reason I shoot 200 yards with a .22 lr.
    The fundamentals thats gets you to 100 yards will also get you to 10 yards.
    It makes 10 yards that much easier.

I like to shoot quarters off a fence at 500 yards with my Glock 42... I am about 70% doing this. So, I totally know what you mean when you want to shoot your 43 at 100. When I shoot at 100 yards I typically will use Beretta Nano but shoot dimes from that distance... why? Because shooting at 500 or even 100 is great practice and once I get down to 25 yards its just super simple...

By the way, Ive owned over 100 Glocks, been buying them since the 80's... still have about 75 of them! Best damn gun for pure accuracy out there. Anyone telling you its not the gun clearly has never tried shooting like this.

Send the thing back to Glock letting them know its shooting off at 100 and I am sure they will make it perfect for you!

Have I pissed you off or something for you to be an *******.
    Forgive me for being bored with just shooting at 10 yards.
    If you post something that I don't like then I would just skip over you post. A courtesy you should show me.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    https://dawsonprecision.com/gun-sights/glock/glock-42-43/

I have these on a Sig P226 and they are my favorite for longer distance shooting. I like Trijicon HDs for most use, but after 50y or so I have to concentrate a lot harder than I do with the Dawsons.

FWIW, I've no trouble believing you can hit at 100y. If your eyes and fundamentals are good, it's quite doable. My grip sucks with the tiny pistols, the Shield is about as small as I can go and I'm fairly poor with it. I do much better with snubby revolvers with fat rubber grips for the "small gun accuracy" stuff.

Then there's this guy:

watch
    [video=youtube;HIwVK_FxGZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIwVK_FxGZk[/video]

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Jerry is not human. I am pretty sure he is an alien from outer space sent to earth to show us how inferior the human race is compared to the rest of the universe.

Yes hitting a 16” plate at 100 yards with a pistol is very doable and can be done with a fair amount of consistency. Even with my bifocal wearing eyes and arthritis.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Have I pissed you off or something for you to be an *******.
    Forgive me for being bored with just shooting at 10 yards.
    If you post something that I don't like then I would just skip over you post. A courtesy you should show me.

"If you post something that I don't like then I would just skip over you post. A courtesy you should show me."

^^Take your own advise... Just as ridiculous as my comment sounds to you, your's sounds to me.
    Forgive me for being bored with just shooting at 10 yards... or even 100... I like shooting 500. And I like shooting quarters and dimes.

Thanks

Top Bottom