• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Terre Haute
    I intend to shoot mostly range and with sticks. Back won't let me shoot prone too much. I am going to give repositioning another try, but if it doesn't work I will have it milled. Since I'm an old fart and don't want to give up shooting or hog hunting in Florida during winter, I guess I will just do what is necessary for my situation. Thanks to all.

modlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Terre Haute
    Just a quick follow-up. Took my rifle in to my gunsmith this morning. He called this afternoon and said it was done. Great job!. He took a look at my set-up with the scope and said it looked fine because I had a good 4" between the scope and my eye. Now, I will sight it in tomorrow and get ready for a winter of hunts in Florida.

modlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Terre Haute
    Glad you got it worked out. Good luck down there this winter.

I love the 22-06 so much, that I think I will get a Savage 17 HMR with a long range Vortex to plink and hunt 'yotes. Then I will have to spend $$$ on a calling system. Won't be cheap getting out of that deal. I now have to load up 300 rds on single stage RGBS that will take me a couple of evenings. The only thing that concerns me is hauling all that firepower into a motel the first night without a SWAT team showing up -- I refuse to leave my toys in the parking lot overnight. Anyone have any favorite ways to haul rifles into a motel with out turning heads?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Ammo in a breif case and the gun in a range case wrapped up in a blanket. It will be fine. I don't blame you. I would not leave a gun in a car either! Smart move!

modlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Terre Haute
    Ammo in a breif case and the gun in a range case wrapped up in a blanket. It will be fine. I don't blame you. I would not leave a gun in a car either! Smart move!

I have a friend of a friend who has Pelican cases for his rifles. He somehow acquired big stickers with "PROPERTY OF XXX CORPORATION--AV EQUIPMENT" on both his cases. I wish I had connections with a big corp. with these stickers.

Top Bottom