• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've used the Lee 358-125RF in both Browning and Beretta good results with Titegroup sized .358.

draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    Well, I ordered 500 125 grain lead bullets from Indiana Bullet Co. about two weeks ago, and I still havn't received them. Has anyone had any experience with this company? Is it typical to have to wait this long for delivery? They are located in Indy, I live in Shelbyville(About 20 min south east of Indy) and I wouldnt think it would take long to receive my shipment. Anyone else have issues with this company? I emailed them last week and got an email back saying that they would ship last thursday or friday. Still dont have them yet. Sent out an email today, but havnt got a response yet. Would like to be able to do business with them because they are local.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I have not had any shipped from indiana bullet company, but did pick up 1,000 125gr at a gun show. I just measured a handful and they all measured .356 as advertised.

ifr2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    Indy
    I have the same issue with my S&W 669. For some reason it leads up when shooting cast. I can take the same cast boolits and send them through other models of 9mm and have very little leading. One trick I read was, while cleaning the gun, plug one end of the barrel and fill it with a 50/50 solution of hydrogen peroxide and white vinegar. I fill the barrel then clean the rest of the gun. When I get back to the barrel I make a few passes with a brush in the peroxide/vinegar solution and the barrel is clean. It beats the heck out of M Pro 7 and 1/2 hour with a brush.

I recently began powder coating my cast lead. The cast/coated lead shoots very clean. In fact, I've sent uncoated cast down range to lead up the barrel, then shot some of the powder coated boolits...the coated boolits actually clean the barrel. It's pretty neat.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    A few passes with copper chore boy wrapped on a brush will clean a barrel nicely. I shoot .357 diameter 9mm cast lead in all my 9mm pistols with no leading. I found that with .356 diameter I was getting some leading, not terrible but enough to try sizing at .357 and problem solved.

draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    Got my bullets from IBC in this afternoon. Opened the box and measured them with my dial calipers. They pretty much all measured at .355. The Vance bullets I used before were .354 and got very heavy leading after 5 rounds. I am not sure if these are gonna be any better. Kinda discouraged right now with reloading lead bullets. IBC advertised these bullets being sized at .356. I went ahead and loaded up around 25 rds over 3.4 grains of bullseye to shoot through my Smith 5904. I hope these work, I have lready spent $30 on the first 500 Vance bullets, now another $30 for the Indiana Bullet Company bullets. If these dont work, I dont know what I am going to do. I have allready wasted alot of time with these and have got very little acomplished.

Old Reliable

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Just for reference... I have a box of SNS 124 grain LRN sitting here and they are all .356 on the dot. I am not new to reloading, but am new to reloading 9mm and have found that some of my weaker loads lead pretty bad- which is to be expected. I still haven't found "my" ideal load yet, but I'm getting there. I will have to admit that 9mm is a bit more tricky to load than I thought it would be. Now, if you will excuse me I am going to load some .38 specials, so I can feel like I know what I'm doing again!

draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    Shot the IBC Bullets this weekend and they shoot great! Barely any leading! Will definately be buying more from them! The bullets I am using are the 124 gr 9mm. My book says to seat them at an OAL of 1.115! I did so and they wont chamber in my EAA Witness 9mm. What does everyone else seat theirs at? When I load 115gr FMJ's, I seat them at 1.090. Any help would be great! :)

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    My home cast 115g 9mm are sized to .355 loaded with 4.2 g of tite-group and seated to 1.075. Never had any leading.
    If your not using the same profile bullet as your load data the OAL will be different. Load them so they function in your pistol. 1.075 works in my Sig 226 and my RIA 1911
    Just a note, before you seat them deeper, if your at the upper end of charge weight, seating deeper will increase pressure.

vwfred69

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    noblesville
    Shot the IBC Bullets this weekend and they shoot great! Barely any leading! Will definately be buying more from them! The bullets I am using are the 124 gr 9mm. My book says to seat them at an OAL of 1.115! I did so and they wont chamber in my EAA Witness 9mm. What does everyone else seat theirs at? When I load 115gr FMJ's, I seat them at 1.090. Any help would be great! :)
    I did my Missouri 124gr at 1.095 and I'm about to try some ibc 125gr at 1.125. I believe ibc and mbc use the same molds.

Top Bottom