• ...and so much more!
  • ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    Time for a well written letter from your attorney explaining the pending legal actions. At some point their lack of response may lead to a theft charge. They have deprived you of any part of its value or use! They are not communicating with you regarding repairs and refuse to return your calls. Good luck and keep us informed.

SKRSR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Not to downgrade ANY gun, but Ive shot a small handful of "express" 870s and they are the ONLY 870 Ive ever seen with problems.

For me, it says WINGMASTER on it and HAS a silver lifter (old, lol).......or I'm not buying it.

Color me old and stuck in my ways but after 28 of em, and NOT ONE SINGLE ISSUE, Ill stick with being bullheaded. lol

My "go to" shotgun is a 1953 Wingmaster skeet 20 ga on 12 ga frame (that I didnt even know they made then till I found it) and it works and handles like every other Wingmaster I've ever had or shot, without issues.......ever.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I've had at least a half dozen Express models (pre Cerberus) and they ran flawless (all with alloy trigger housings). I had one that was super slick, right from the get-go.
    Dunno why but it was smooooooooth.

On Big Green Quality........they had all sorts of 1187 and Remchoke concentricity machinining problems back around '90.

Do think they've had some slipups of late in general fit/finish.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I would check the trigger expect I haven't seen the gun since September. Apparently neither has anyone at Remington.
    I think you have pretty much arrived at the finish line on this one.

Money or gun, Remington needs to pick one and be done. You need to go up the food chain at Corporate, about two levels from the reps you talk to, not their boss. I remember the time most of Hardees Corporate middle management knew who I was, all over a $2 biscuit and an employee theft of my change from a $20 bill. Sometimes a Brother just has to cut loose.

You need to cut loose.

So right now you call the customer service dept at Remington? What phone number/numbers do yo use?

I see they have a Facebook page, we can organize and get their attention.

I am a Remington super-lifer but as posted above, it is all about used Wingmasters the past decade. The last new to me Remington was in 04 or 05, cluster F*** failure on magnitude of 10, a 597 for my daughter. I didn't even call them, just tossed it in the corner of a closet. I keep it out in hopes any crooks will steal it first since it is an easy grab. Seriously, it is a decoy gun, nothing more.

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    The hell with it, I have sold a lot of guns for Remington in my lifetime based on my personal preferences, I posted a link to this thread on their Facebook page. INGO members on FB should chime and nicely request resolution for our fellow shooter here.

I am tired of helping people over and over and over to fix their Express 870's. This one has gone to a new level.

Business is based on trust and trust is earned. It hurts when it is lost. It is why for the last 10-15 years all my new shotguns are Beretta and Benelli and yet I still tell people to buy Remington 870's. All my Remingtons come from pawn shops, police trade ins and personal deals. I feel dirty.

Last edited:

kcwolf200

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Lafayette
    I thank you for all the support. Something strange happened. I actually got a call back from a supervisor! She said that she got my message and was going to look into it and call me back. So here we go again (or so I thought).

She called me back in a couple of hours and said that my request had been sent to accounting for processing, but had been sitting there for over a month. She talked with someone in accounting and they should be cutting me a check this week! I'm not gonna believe it until I have the check in my hand.

I hope that no one out there has to go through this process. I'm pretty disappointed as I thought Remington was one of the better companies out there. I usually don't let one individual ruin my opinion of a company, but since I have been through several employees, I can't help but avoid dealing with them in the future.

Bigjon07

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    WOW very disappointed with remington. I love all of my 870's. I would take a 870 over a mossberg anyday. I hope this was a fluke for them and not standard practice!

kcwolf200

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Lafayette
    OMG! I can't believe it. My refund finally arrived in the mail today!!!! I know it's only taken about 5 months. I can't believe how quickly it came!!

Okay, enough being a smart ass. Seriously, I'm finally happy to have received my money. This was a partial reimbursement for what I replaced it with for skeet. I bought a Browning XS Skeet O/U 30" barrels that cost just a bit more than that 870..... ;)

BTW, thanks to all my fellow INGOer's that chimed in with advice or just voicing support. I love this site!

Top Bottom