Professional Hunters, do you support them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Heya phylo - I'm sorry if I missed it, but what show are you involved with? Now you have me curious.

I've enjoyed some of the Meat Eater episodes, because it does involve the process of hunting, not just the kill, and a fair amount of the time he doesn't bag anything. (The cooking stuff interests me less.)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Hit Squad Outdoors with Tim Sylvia. Still pretty new and there aren't any veteran TV personalities on the show so we're still learning and trying to make improvements.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    One of the biggest threats to the vision and purpose of hunting is whether the new Hunter will learn from a video or from his father/grandfather/etc.. I have seen my share of tv hunting and can not recall ever seeing someone teach or explain sportsmanship.
    One of the biggest reasons I hate public hunting is the arrogance and lack of respect for other hunters.

I wonder how many hunters out there ever go to the landowners they have permission from and do work for them instead of just showing up for "their" 2-3 months of hunting. How many go back in the summer to do something for that permission.

Not everyone has a father, grandfather, or a mentor that can teach them how to hunt ethnically and responsibly, that is why every few years if I meet someone that shows interest, and I think they are a responsible person, I'll take them down to my deer camp for a one day hunt. If things work out, I might even invite them back next year for more than a one day hunt. This has work out great in introducing new hunters to deer hunting. All three of the people that I have invited over the last 10 years are still hunting today.

If you are blessed and fortunate enough to have land and time, it's a good way to give back to the hunting community:twocents:.

Top Bottom