• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    He was on his property. He produced a student ID. That was enough. The officer still wanted to run him but at that point it passed the test of intrusion and he just didn't give up.

Assuming this wasn't staged to get people triggered. It happens.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A) I could do without the video's commentary.
    B) Aggressively arguing with a cop is never a smart move.
    C) Did the old dude in the sweater run a half mile to get there? Why is he panting?
    D) It seems the officer decided to find a new career. Good for him.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    It's not about picking sides, us or them, black or white. It's about wrong or right. And we have some good laws that doesn't pick sides. :patriot:

I didn't see evidence of profiling. Not saying he was or wasn't, but there's nothing there that says so. It was more a pissing match of I proved I'm a student here and I'm picking up trash and I'm not going on your fishing trip. And he held to his ryytes.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's not about picking sides, us or them, black or white. It's about wrong or right. And we have some good laws that doesn't pick sides. :patriot:

I didn't see evidence of profiling. Not saying he was or wasn't, but there's nothing there that says so. It was more a pissing match of I proved I'm a student here and I'm picking up trash and I'm not going on your fishing trip. And he held to his ryytes.

Is it a pissing match when you stand up for you rights? And Obviously there was profiling, it just depends on the metric you wish to use. The officer saw the man, doing nothing wrong, and nothing suspicious, but the officer had a belief that something was astray. The question is, what was his reason to believe that?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Is it a pissing match when you stand up for you rights? And Obviously there was profiling, it just depends on the metric you wish to use. The officer saw the man, doing nothing wrong, and nothing suspicious, but the officer had a belief that something was astray. The question is, what was his reason to believe that?

:yesway: Standing for your rights.

And, no, I can't. Without evidence of racial bias, and I'm not saying there wasn't, it's not a pin that will stick. There was nothing said about race, unless I missed something.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    :yesway: Standing for your rights.

And, no, I can't. Without evidence of racial bias, and I'm not saying there wasn't, it's not a pin that will stick. There was nothing said about race, unless I missed something.

I would think that in many cases, people that racially profile, aren't too keen on admitting that they are racially profiling. I had a bunch of calls over the years, where people called in on other people, because of some bogus reason. Nobody ever wants to admit their own biases, and may even convince themselves that they aren't that way. This is true of any group, IMO.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I don't think anyone called in. It was proactive policing, or harassment. Officer said there were past complaints of trespassing. That's something they can look at to verify to see which way it would go. Since he's no longer with them, it probably won't be pursued. If harassment, it makes a stronger case for profiling.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I would think that in many cases, people that racially profile, aren't too keen on admitting that they are racially profiling. I had a bunch of calls over the years, where people called in on other people, because of some bogus reason. Nobody ever wants to admit their own biases, and may even convince themselves that they aren't that way. This is true of any group, IMO.

It's a fact.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    With LEO's treated as they are in a lot of places, let alone the continual accusations of bias, how long before our officers are all marginal?

Why would the best and the brightest even consider a career in law enforcement these days?

Top Bottom